Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

calling all trendy peeps!

• 15-10-2007 2:58am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

hi all

right here goes...i am a 20 year old guy from dublin...i've have very....very long hair for years now....i.e. down to my ass!
    anyway...i want to get it cut for the first time in 10 years...im kinda past that whole phase now so i wanna change my image ...

im a little bit nervous about getting it done, understandably enough....

my question to all in cyberspace is recommendations on where to go....do i just go to a barbers and get a 6 yoyo cut or should i go to a "proper" unisex salon!? i dont want to totally shave it off..id like to get a ....i dunno....a funky haircut, so id like to go to someone who knows what he/she is doing!

any suggestions on good places to go? id say the ladies will be more helpful on this one..thanks guys :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭Marksie

I am moving this to fashion and appearance, it may be more useful for you there OP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭dior1catboy

Lunatic Fringe on Grafton Street, a little pricey but they are really good and will be able to reccomend alot of new hairstyles and they are really nice and friendly, unlike some hairdressers that seem to think they're above their customers!! (What is the deal with that?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

Where abouts are you from, my hairdresser is fantastic, all I have to do is find a pic of a style I want, and he'll do it for me, perfectly, and not just copy the style but adjust it so it's custom to suit me rather than whoever it's on, if you know what I mean! :p
    I'm from Wexford btw!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Get is shaved for charity. You could raise quite a bit if you're hair is really that long. I did it a few years ago myself, and raised €1500, so think about making some money for a good cause.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭dc69

grafton barber(grafton street) champs in Dun Laoire both excellent barbers

,DO NOT GO TO ANY POLISH BARBERS IN EITHER,THEY WILL DESTROY YOUR HAIR

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

dc69 wrote: »

That's not entirely true, some of them are good, or from my experience anyway, granted some of them butcher hair, but not all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 corben

Hey,

Michael Doyle in Peter barks in the green is the best, he's 30 years experience, has done most of the models in ireland along with some international

I have gone to about 8 different places, trust me and trust him,

Corben

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

dc69 wrote: »
    grafton barber(grafton street) champs in Dun Laoire both excellent barbers

ohh so you've had your haircut by every polish barbar in the world?

Advertisement