Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Westhaven - Blanchardstown??

Options
  • 15-10-2007 9:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

Well done on the new forum.

Seen a few houses to let and for sale in Westhaven.

Anyone from the Area or know what its like?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Can't say I've ever heard of Westhaven before, where is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

It is one of the estates of the Hartstown road.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2006/1015/blanchardstown.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I don't know where exactly Westhaven is but the Hartstown Road is an ok place to live on, close to the shopping centre, a petrol station, pub, video store, several chinese takeaways, a lidl, pharmacy, a couple of doctors, although I'd stay away from the one opposite the xtravision, too over crowded. Close to busses and trains also.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Not nit picking but there has been no Xtra vision or video store there for about 1 year now or more. Its a bookies now.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

If you're thinking of buying in Dublin 15 (or anywhere else for that matter), you have to check the place out yourself and try and talk to the locals. See what it's like at night - take a few drives around the area at the weekend etc. and check it out.

Personally I'd not be worried so much as to peoples' perceptions of an area, but rather what the immediate neighbourhood is like. For example, is the house next to the one you are interested in rented? Do people park all over the place in the evenings when they come home from work? All that kind of stuff is what you can check with a bit of research.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

thanks for the replies folks, had a few drives around the area since posting and will do a few more, seems quiet enough, its beside glenealy if that makes it any earier for people.

Yep its a good place. As PauloMN said I would check wht the neighbours are like and drive there on a Friday night around 8-9 pm maybe same on a Sat.

I know 1-2 people living very near there and they have 2 small kids and love it. They were originally from the D.15 area too so they knew a few people around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

ciaran76 wrote: »
    Not nit picking but there has been no Xtra vision or video store there for about 1 year now or more. Its a bookies now.

Sorry, haven't been around that area in over a year and if I have been I've been asleep on the bus!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

It's a shame really, it was dead handy and I've far more use for an Xtravision than a bookies.

thanks for the responces folks, hoping to put a bid on a property tomrorow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

zaph wrote: »
    My only real complaint is the amount of litter around the place where I am, but other than that it's a grand spot.

Have to agree with that. Is it just me are is D 15 seriously lacking in public bins? You can walk quite a distance without coming across one.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Have to agree with that. Is it just me are is D 15 seriously lacking in public bins? You can walk quite a distance without coming across one.

D15 is lacking in bins but also lacking in children (and some adults) who will use them. How parents can bring up their children and not enforce the fact that it's wrong to litter is beyond me. :mad:

Xavi6 wrote: »

When the bin charges cam in the actually took out some of the litter bins and sealed up the remaining ones so that the can only take small items of liter.

I still see people in the mornings dropping bags of rubbish beside the bins. I used to cycle to work and would see the same person doing it every 2 days or so and changing which bin he dropped the bag at.

But as PauloMN said above the amount of kids I see dropping litter is a real disgrace. When I get the bus it annoys me to see people drop bus tickets on the ground and there are bins at 90% of bus stops in the area.

folks is the area serviced by ntl and ntl BB and whats the crak with the bins? tags or yearly payment

Bin tags and yes there is ntl but I am not sure about the bb, there is landline bb and wireless.

Cheers Thaedydal, will ley ya know how we go!

They would have to lay new cable along blanchardstown north road and are balking at the logistics of it so there is ntl at coolmine and the apartments at the shopping centre but not
    along the blakestown road and up into hartstown/huntstown.

well so far so good, offer was accepted, we are happy to proceed and if everything gos to plan we will be in the area in 8 weeks. Exciting stuff, Shame about NTL BB, guess we will go with an alternative supplier but aint to sure of wireless and didnt want to get the phone in

There is digiweb and ibb in the area.

• Advertisement

Cheers I will do my homework on them as i need them in asap when i move in

brightkane wrote: »
    well so far so good, offer was accepted, we are happy to proceed and if everything gos to plan we will be in the area in 8 weeks. Exciting stuff, Shame about NTL BB, guess we will go with an alternative supplier but aint to sure of wireless and didnt want to get the phone in

I'd ring NTL because they do serve some parts of Hartstown.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

brightkane wrote: »

Try ITV. Got my wireless broadband through them and had no problems whatsoever. 2GB download speed (though it's probably gotten quicker since I left).

Advertisement