Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A1 Team Ireland - Finally found their footing!

• 15-10-2007 9:25am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 467 ✭✭

Well they put in a great performance at the weekend.
    After all the messing about blaming drivers etc... over the summer they got things sorted. New chassis seemed to make all the difference.
    Adam Carroll is a top class driver and did a great job at the weekend. Let's hope they can hold on to him for the rest of the season!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

nikimere wrote: »
    Well they put in a great performance at the weekend.
    After all the messing about blaming drivers etc... over the summer they got things sorted. New chassis seemed to make all the difference.
    Adam Carroll is a top class driver and did a great job at the weekend. Let's hope they can hold on to him for the rest of the season!

His podium was impressive but that second race:eek::eek::eek::eek:

18th to 6th place, astonishing. Shame those tosspots on sky hardly mentioned it and he was barely shown in the program. Every time the standings came up it seemed he jumped another place and we were shown nothing:mad:

Must say I had lost all interest in the A1 but if it continues like yesterday I will definately be watching. Keep it up Adam:D Seems a really talented driver.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 467 ✭✭nikimere

Babybing wrote: »
    Shame those tosspots on sky hardly mentioned it and he was barely shown in the program. Every time the standings came up it seemed he jumped another place and we were shown nothing:mad:
    I agree, the coverage is complete rubbish!
    If Sky are going to lock-down a broadcasting contract for UK & Ireland the least they could do is give us a bit of coverage! It's a bloody joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Motormouth

http://www.glueck-ober-pech.com/

:)))Yeah, great weekend. Carroll is the man, but we knew that after his GP2 performances of late!! Pity Devaney was a casualty before the team got sorted, I'm sure he'd fly now if he was still in the car but he did well in UK F3 in that Mygals chassis anyway this year.....
    Wonder if Carroll stays put (and indications are that he will), could we be in with a shout at the title?? That'd be amazing!!:cool:

I'd put money on that they'll win race(s) this year. Weather or not they'll have a shot at the title i dunno... Bit early to say i suppose. I'd like to think so though!
    If they can manage to get a win early in the season it will do them the world of good in terms of support from fans. They've lost a lot of support in the last 12 months, especially their methods of passing the blame, however lets hope that's all behind them now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Sky don't control who gets the coverage. In fact the commentary team of Ben Edwards and John Watson are actually broadcasting the international feed. You can rest assured that viewers in other countries are getting the same coverage.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Catcher86

Carrol might not have the sponsorship yet, but I think he has got the talent.

Eddie Irvine is interested in starting a F1 team and Eddie Jordan has made murmerings in recent months. I am sure they would love to give Carrol a chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

I've seen an A1 race, is it only shown on sky?

Catcher86 wrote: »
    Carrol might not have the sponsorship yet, but I think he has got the talent.

Eddie Irvine is interested in starting a F1 team and Eddie Jordan has made murmerings in recent months. I am sure they would love to give Carrol a chance.
    Unfortunately if Eddie Jordan and Eddie Irvine are involved they'll give the drives to however brings the most amount of money.
    dubtom wrote: »
    I've seen an A1 race, is it only shown on sky?
    Nope, TV3 cover the races on the Sunday evening after each race.

Advertisement