Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rep of Ireland -v- Cyprus

14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Yeh, two poxy goals, ask Joxer about them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

Why has there not been an announcement that Stan has left through mutual consent? I was sure it was going to happen this morning or if not at the very least this afternoon.

Seriously people..... we need to take this to the FAI's doorstep. We need a demonstration to save our hopes for a world cup appearance. Flaming torches are a maybe. Burning effigy of Stan, a must.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

While Stan isn't capable of managing a subbuteo team never mind an international team i feel the bigger problem is the FAI with Delaney in charge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

sprinkles wrote: »
    Why has there not been an announcement that Stan has left through mutual consent? I was sure it was going to happen this morning or if not at the very least this afternoon.

Seriously people..... we need to take this to the FAI's doorstep. We need a demonstration to save our hopes for a world cup appearance. Flaming torches are a maybe. Burning effigy of Stan, a must.
    Stan's gone, don't worry about that. It's Delaney that needs to be forced out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

sprinkles wrote: »
    Seriously people..... we need to take this to the FAI's doorstep. We need a demonstration to save our hopes for a world cup appearance.

Agreed but it is Delaney's head we need to be calling for.

• Advertisement

well lets first get Stan out.... then we'll move onto Delaney.

Anyone busy on Saturday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

looks like stan has survived the day, thats a good sign

Bad sign!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Seriously that lad needs to be banned. Clearly a troll.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭John_C

Sizzler wrote: »
    Ask a silly question but WTF ever happened as a result of the Genesis report? FOOK all as far as I can see.

True Story:
    An official in my club asked the FAI for a copy of the Genesis Report a week or two ago and was told that he can't have one since the FAI don't have any copies left, either in print or electronically.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

John_C wrote: »
    True Story:
    An official in my club asked the FAI for a copy of the Genesis Report a week or two ago and was told that he can't have one since the FAI don't have any copies left, either in print or electronically.

its on foot.ie in all its glory.

will find the original link in a bit.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭John_C

KdjaCL wrote: »
    its on foot.ie in all its glory.

will find the original link in a bit.

kdjac
    There are 3 genesis reports. The eircom league one is on foot.ie but it's the main report that came after Saipain that's difficult to find.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,723 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Who's worse Stan or Eddie O'sullivan ?

Why do we as a nation put up with such muppetts , and settle for less than mediocrity ?

makes me mad , no wonder i much prefer club football, or better still playing !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Hey, that's not fair on Eddie. Like, he ****ed up big time in the World Cup, but ultimately, the guy has brought Ireland's most successful period in Irish rugby in a long time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

thats true but he did screw up big time in the world cup and should go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,723 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

PHB wrote: »
    Hey, that's not fair on Eddie. Like, he ****ed up big time in the World Cup, but ultimately, the guy has brought Ireland's most successful period in Irish rugby in a long time.

He ****ed up on a grand scale , we headed into the tournament , aiming for a final spot , and came away lucky to beat Georgia, and got thumped by France and Argentina .
    He was responsible for Stan like selections, and complete un-use of substitutions and squad players.
    Complete muppet, maybe not quite as bad as Stan, but not far off !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Mr_Roger_Bongos

DesF wrote: »
    Did it indeed?

Here's the squad list for Italia 90

1 Bonner • 2 Morris • 3 Staunton • 4 McCarthy • 5 Moran • 6 Whelan • 7 McGrath • 8 Houghton • 9 Aldridge • 10 Cascarino • 11 Sheedy • 12 O'Leary • 13 Townsend • 14 Hughton • 15 Slaven • 16 Sheridan • 17 Quinn • 18 Stapleton • 19 Kelly • 20 Byrne • 21 McLoughlin • 22 Peyton

Less than a quarter of them were 'homegrown' - the rest are Granny-rulers.

Here's USA 94

1 Bonner • 2 Irwin • 3 Phelan • 4 Moran • 5 McGrath • 6 Keane • 7 Townsend • 8 Houghton • 9 Aldridge • 10 Sheridan • 11 Staunton • 12 G. Kelly • 13 Kernaghan • 14 Babb • 15 Coyne • 16 Cascarino • 17 McGoldrick • 18 Whelan • 19 McLoughlin • 20 D. Kelly • 21 McAteer • 22 A. Kelly

Seven or eight of them are homegrown.

Here's 2002

1 Given • 2 Finnan • 3 Harte • 4 Cunningham • 5 Staunton • 6 Roy Keane • 7 McAteer • 8 Holland • 9 Duff • 10 Robbie Keane • 11 Kilbane • 12 Kinsella • 13 Connolly • 14 Breen • 15 Dunne • 16 Kiely • 17 Quinn • 18 G. Kelly • 19 Morrison • 20 O'Brien • 21 Reid • 22 Carsley • 23 A. Kelly

Only Ten or maybe eleven of them lads were homegrown. Still less than half the squad.

So, actually, no.

We are still reliant on the Granny Rule.

The difference is that Ireland is no longer an attractive prospect for mercaneries like Clinton Morrison to declare for.

So we really DO need to start producing some more homegrown talent.

This is true, but there is no other reason for it than the league is neglicted. Simple

In actual fact, Ireland hasn't produced a world class player in over twenty years. The development and 'production' was all outsourced to England.

And no, I don't expect a Brazil-like team of Ronaldinhos.

I agree with all of this

Seems to me we are blaming the FAI for different things, perhaps things that more to us as individuals.

The Genesis called for the implementation of an acadamy to stop the talent drain.

The genesis called for the restructuring and betterment of the national league.

Neither of these things has happened, FIVE years after the event that kickstarted the Genesis report.

:eek:
    That must have taken you hours to write! Contender for longest ever post? I admire your commitment.

Advertisement