Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rep of Ireland -v- Cyprus

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Disgraceful..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

if cyprus won they would have being a point ahead with a game in hand!

And germany and czech to play, i think we can hold off Cyprus for 3rd but hope it doesnt go on head to head cos cyprus are better than us

/sorry :D

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,964 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Awful.. I hate to say it but I really was hoping Cyprus would win.

I'm betting Stan will survive now too :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Orizio wrote: »
    I'm not sure.It gives Delaney and the FAI an excuse not to fire him, albiet a very weak excuse.

Who to replace him if he does go?

DesF

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I'm not sure.It gives Delaney and the FAI an excuse not to fire him, albiet a very weak excuse.

Absolutely. Now they can continue parroting that "unbeaten in so many games" line.

It's pathetic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Well its a disgrace, its a disgrace that so called professional players put in a performance like that, its a disgrace that our so called "World Class" manager has never even managed a Sunday football team, its a disgrace that a so called accountant appointed him (he obviously went for the cheapest option).

If Staunton has any honour, if he values what he did as a player he should now do the right thing and resign. If the FAI had any balls they would dispose of Delaney as well but as has been proven time in time out the only Balls they have are stamped with Mitres name.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

he will not be sacked

and even by some devine intervention he leaves his post who the hell do you get?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

KdjaCL wrote: »
    cos cyprus are better than us

kdjac

dont start that again! ;)

bet Don Givens gets the job full time thats the only possible worser appointment other than desf but that was a joke yeah?

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 999 ✭✭✭cregser

Lets not give up hope lads. Cyprus and Slovakia can still finish ahead of us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Kevin Keegan please :)

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭4-age

maybe we could get the special one, or warnock to give the boys a kick up the arse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

I heard he had agreed to walk after the Wales game but given tonights shambles Im not even sure he will last that long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

As im a **** and think we have **** players i have a good few quid on that result.

yeah yeah yeah when im hell burning for my sins i will be watching a brand new 40 LCD tv.... :p

kdjac
    How much did you put on it?

Thats another thread topic tbh...people on here only want to knock the incumbent set up :D

• Advertisement

How much did you put on it?

20 on 33-1 won
    10 on 20-1 1-1 so guess its a beerfuelled weekend ahead :)

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

4-age wrote: »
    maybe we could get the special one, or warnock to give the boys a kick up the arse

Warnock is at Crystal Palace.
    Maybe we could try and beat Bolton to getting Paul Jewell. Unlikely though...

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭4-age

Was just picking Warnock as someone who would give palyers a right bollocking if they preformed like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

20 on 33-1 won
    10 on 20-1 1-1 so guess its a beerfuelled weekend ahead :)

kdjac

at least someone`s smiling tonight

I think the attached says it all :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,339 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Sammy Lee's available...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I'm almost physically sick after that game.

Stan really should do the honourable thing as resign, but I don't think he realises he should. I hope somebody explains it to him. That was a shocking, shocking, shocking performance. The team were utter ****e, and have to take some repsonsiblity here, but Stan can't get them playing. I honestly can't understand how that result can happen. I really just don't get it.

Stan has to go, Delaney has to go. Kevin Keegan would be a godsend if that happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Ill do it. Im bleeding brilliant at fm07. More experience that stan had, I won the 2008 championships and 2010 world cup:)

Take a look at Staunton's Wikipedia page
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Staunton#Career_as_Irish_Manager
    Staunton and Ireland would reach a new low on 17 October, with a 1-1 draw with Cyprus at Croke Park, met with loud boos from an Irish support whose patience had continued to evaporate.

Steve Staunton has been dismissed as Irish manager by the FAI after an abysmal performance against Cyprus in Croke Park in which the Irish Team drew with the Cypriots.

Steve has admitted he enjoys the occasional cooch pounding session along with some donkey punching and the odd bit of naughty fisting.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Angus MacGyver

You would think he'd do the decent thing and quit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 868 ✭✭✭tdv

redzerdrog wrote: »
    he will not be sacked

and even by some devine intervention he leaves his post who the hell do you get?

Eamon Dunphy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

ntlbell wrote: »
    Orizio wrote:

DesF
    Yup, ive been saying it the past 8 months or so - DesF is the man for the job (sorry Boardeaux!).

Plus also probably the only manager left that the FAI can afford at this stage ;)
    cregser wrote:
    Take a look at Staunton's Wikipedia page
    Gwan, it was you wasn't it? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

Paul Jewell would be a great appointment but he will probably go to Bolton.
    No one would want to come and manage Ireland after the last few performances :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Didn't think I'd ever see the day I was depressed at a last-minute Ireland equaliser or winner, but now I've seen them both.

There's only one thing Ireland fans can do if Staunton stays in charge, and 16,000 people apparently did it tonight by not even showing up despite having tickets.

Vote with your feet

tdv wrote: »
    Eamon Dunphy

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

• Advertisement

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    Didn't think I'd ever see the day I was depressed at a last-minute Ireland equaliser or winner, but now I've seen them both.

There's only one thing Ireland fans can do if Staunton stays in charge, and 16,000 people apparently did it tonight by not even showing up despite having tickets.

Vote with your feet

They paid for the tickets so doubt the FAI care.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

David O' Leary is just one potential option that would be infinately better.

Any man with experience +3years managing football teams at any decent level would be a better option. This isn't hard.

And remember, Delaney needs to go too. He cannot be allowed to pick the succesor.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Angus MacGyver

Jose for the job

• Closed Accounts Posts: 868 ✭✭✭tdv

redzerdrog wrote: »
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Whats wrong with Eamon? he has very limited experience aswell but a little bit more than Stan. So I think he qualifys.

MrJoeSoap wrote: »

Vote with your feet

Unfortunately mate people were silly enough to pay top whack for block booked matches which included the pile of shoite you saw tonight. The FAI are laughing as they cleaned up as a result of the Germany game and the tie-in of tonights ticket sales. Damage is done sadly for this campaign, lets hope the penny drops before the next. I'm gald to say I havent been to a game since he's been in charge and it will remain that way.

Staunton cut the mic wire :D

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

RTE are almost as inept as the FAI. Can't wait to hear his interview.

When was the last time you actually enjoyed a game that Ireland played in that wasn't a friendly? I'm having trouble remembering one.

stans best inerview yet:D

• Advertisement

PHB wrote: »
    When was the last time you actually enjoyed a game that Ireland played in that wasn't a friendly? I'm having trouble remembering one.

France away

When god was in charge.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

That's the best interview I've seen from Stan in the last 18 months. Silence is golden.

Edit: redzerdrog beat me to it. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

'...fcuking cock up this....[hold on we're going back to the studio]'

classy RTE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

LuckyLloyd wrote: »

And remember, Delaney needs to go too. He cannot be allowed to pick the succesor.

There is more to the FAI than the senior team and every other aspect of the game in Ireland has improved dramatically under his tenure.

Stan out and Ole Ole's to see the bigger picture.

Did anyone hear Eamonn Dunphy say "What a c*ck up this is" When they tried to talk to Stan :) Made me smile

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

World Cup 2002.

• Advertisement

I don't have RTE over here, what did Stan say?

He said players and management weren't up to standard. Had no excuses and addmited the weren't good enough.

The mic was cut the first time he tried to talk anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

I don't have RTE over here, what did Stan say?

He didn't doubt his own ability. He wants to build towards the WC. Not good enough, yadayadayada

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

Has Dunphy got new false teeth?

• Advertisement
Advertisement