Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rep of Ireland -v- Cyprus

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,964 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

cregser wrote: »
    He said players and management weren't up to standard. Had no excuses and addmited the weren't good enough.
    Not the players fault the manager hasn't a clue what he's doing. As noted in studio, they can't come out publicly and slate him either.

He still doesn't think he deserves to go. The old arrogance shone through there in that part of the interview.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Typical spineless RTE didn't ask the question we all wanted them to

"Are you going to resign?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

This is worse for Stan than that time Fowler turned him...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

Auvers wrote: »
    Has Dunphy got new false teeth?

thinking the same

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,964 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

gandalf wrote: »

He answered that anyway by saying he doesn't doubt his own ability (closest RTE got to asking the question) and is there to do a job, build to the WC etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

PHB wrote: »
    I don't have RTE over here, what did Stan say?

He can't pass the ball for the players.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    World Cup 2002.

Agree there mate, that was our all time high point

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

If the game was shown on TV3 Sinead Kissane would have asked the question lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

After Sinead Kissane got lambasted for asking Eddie O'Sullivan a similar question?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

RE*AC*TOR wrote: »
    After Sinead Kissane got lambasted for asking Eddie O'Sullivan a similar question?

Yeah and sure look at the press she got from it :eek:

Check out the gift grub they did on it, class :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

KdjaCL wrote: »
    They paid for the tickets so doubt the FAI care.

kdjac
    Sizzler wrote: »
    Unfortunately mate people were silly enough to pay top whack for block booked matches which included the pile of shoite you saw tonight. The FAI are laughing as they cleaned up as a result of the Germany game and the tie-in of tonights ticket sales. Damage is done sadly for this campaign, lets hope the penny drops before the next. I'm gald to say I havent been to a game since he's been in charge and it will remain that way.

I meant in future...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

RE*AC*TOR wrote: »

TBH O'Sullivan has done something as a manager. Staunton on the other hand has been an unmitigated disaster. The Irish team has regressed under him to a frightening extent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Glad I gave away my tickets for that one anyway :)

Ya they said there was 14,000 who didnt turn up
    In all fairness after paying €70 for a ticket why wouldn't you turn up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

1huge1 wrote: »
    Ya they said there was 14,000 who didnt turn up
    In all fairness after paying €70 for a ticket why wouldn't you turn up

Id rather burn 70 euro than watch that again tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

I think we should consider not having stan as manager anymore...

I think we should consider not having stan as manager anymore...
    It's crazy, but it might just work.

Have you mentioned this to others yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Jesus H Christ. The only thing more shocking than that performance was KdjaCL's aftertiming regarding his bets. Terrible stuff altogether!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Pighead wrote: »
    Jesus H Christ. The only thing more shocking than that performance was KdjaCL's aftertiming regarding his bets. Terrible stuff altogether!

http://www.saintsforum.net/forums/

posted there before the match :cool:

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Hahahaha I was gonna say that too. I won 5 million tonight having bet on Finnan to get last scorer.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

for a team that i expected nothing from (after already experiencing the rest of Stans tenure) to make me feel this depressed after a game, i have to ask, Is this rock bottom? surely we cant get worse than this, can we? Stevie Finnans face summed it up for me after he scored maybe the best goal he will score. he didnt want to celebrate he actually looked extremley pissed off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

did anyone else think that stan tried to lay the blame on the players?! saying stuff like, theres only so much i can do, once they cross the white line they are on their own, i cant pass the ball for them etc etc

DSB wrote: »
    Hahahaha I was gonna say that too. I won 5 million tonight having bet on Finnan to get last scorer.

Nice for some

I was actually saying how well finnan was playing all night

http://www.saintsforum.net/forums/

posted there before the match :cool:

kdjac
    Can't see it. Have to be looged on.:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Four or five year plans mean nothing. You start every game as you mean to continue. That means you go in to win - whether it's in Tubercurry or in Old Trafford. End of story.

Mr Alan wrote: »
    did anyone else think that stan tried to lay the blame on the players?! saying stuff like, theres only so much i can do, once they cross the white line they are on their own, i cant pass the ball for them etc etc

While Stan should take most of the blame, Robbie Keane was terrible, which he has been for the last few games now

Its a dirty trick to get people to sign up to Pats forums!

register be one of us .... :D

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,982 ✭✭✭Big Ears

I remember saying when Kerr was sacked that it was a poor decision , especially when no replacement had been lined up..............how right I was .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭ghost26ie

steve finnan should be exiled to some god awful place for this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

Great to see the side get booed off, and delighted to see Stan get singled out at the end when he came off the pitch. As Bill says, 'Lets call a spade a spade' and none of this motivational/emotional damage talk. If players fail to perform or fail to play for the flag, then it's not good enough.

All we want, as fans, is bite, hunger and passion. That's it. Win lose or draw, you can't ask for anymore.

I wasn't impressed at the Germany match and in fact, Staunton got booed there at half time when his name was mentioned.

I was one of 14k no shows tonight. Got rid of the tickets, didn't fancy a 4 hour round trip on a cold wednesday 'working' night. Shoot me.

I'm heading to wales next month (booked it months ago), needless to say i don't want Stan coming there with me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

ffs lads.... you're all jumping the gun here. he has a plan, a FOUR YEAR PLAN!

seriously, we were never meant to qualify for the euros. he's just playing mind games trying to get everyone to write us off for the next campaign. then he'll unleash his uber alter ego "de gaffer" and guide us to victory at the world cup.
    it's all written down in a hanky that Delany used too wipe his nose in...

ghost26ie wrote: »

Him and Given will possibly retire at the end of this, jebus we are more ****ed than we realise.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Him and Given will possibly retire at the end of this, jebus we are more ****ed than we realise.

kdjac

Don't say that, that isn't worth thinking about... I could almost understand it if they did tho :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

think finnan will, dont think Given will though :) if he does we really are ****ed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

The only entertainment in that was the fan falling over his seat whilst trying to wave on the studio cameras.Yet another inept performance by the players and management "team".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭conor-mr2

I sat in the Upper hogan Stand section 732 Row K Seat 25. Im looking at my ticket right now. Christ it cost me €50!

That display was utter £$%$%^%$^&&.
    I was actually cheering when Cyprus scored as it was actually a fine goal.

A DDSL team would have done better against Cyprus tonight.

Awful. Absolutely awful.

We got interviewed by RTE on the way out about our thoughts.
    Stan has to go.. and that team better start feeling proud about the green jersey. A lot looked like they were thinking about Saturdays games.

Why is Kilbane still playing!! Why!!

The u21s last night showed great fight and heart. Even a small bit of that spirit would go down a long way.

you know before that goal by Finnan we were looking at definitively finishing 2nd last. Now we might scrape third last!

register be one of us .... :D

kdjac

What a joke! You have to get a guardian to sign a slip of paper before you're officially registered. WTF!

How much did you have on a Cyprus win?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Lost for words after that!

As someone said on the radio Delaney will probably sack Stan to save his own ass!
    Bull$hit!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭ghost26ie

kdjac

Given going might be a blow, but i believe we've always produced good keepers, so maybe not as big as one as it could be. finnan may not make it there. for the moment delaney and 'da gaffa' to go. even if they keep him, he'll never get another job. 45500 is the attendance figure sky have, don't know how accurate it is, probably not that close, but there were plenty of empty seats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Liam Brady: "Pat Devlin sitting on the bench! Has he even played football?"

I give you the Irish management "team"

What a joke! You have to get a guardian to sign a slip of paper before you're officially registered. WTF!

How much did you have on a Cyprus win?

20 at 33-1
    besty wrote: »
    Liam Brady: "Pat Devlin sitting on the bench! Has he even played football?"

I give you the Irish management "team"

Dont get EL fans started on that guy Delaney is a legend and Stan an international manager compared to that guy.

kdjac

Dont get EL fans started on that guy Delaney is a legend and Stan an international manager compared to that guy.

Amen to that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

we'll need a wkikwatch thread for all the crap that's being added. i like this one:
    However, Staunton has received support for his position from several unexpected sources. The Dandy, Beano and Smash hits magazines have all wrote editorials in support of the beleagered manager. 'Joe (5 years old' says :'i love it when there are more clowns to laugh at'. 'Sophie (2 years old )' says : ' stany wany funny manny '.
    He played just 10 times for the Bescot club and also spent five minutes helping the mildly retarded Paul Merson to put out cones and bibs

20 on 33-1 won
    10 on 20-1 1-1 so guess its a beerfuelled weekend ahead :)

kdjac
    The above post makes about as much sense as Stauntons team selection. 20 on 33-1 won? But it didn't!

Bottom line is I'm in a ****ty mood and i've decided to take it out on your misleading posts.:cool:

The above post makes about as much sense as Stauntons team selection. 20 on 33-1 won? But it didn't!

Bottom line is I'm in a ****ty mood and i've decided to take it out on your misleading posts.:cool:

Oh your in a ****ty mood? is that personal abuse? :D

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 868 ✭✭✭tdv

ghost26ie wrote: »

Yeah like Andfield or somwhere.

You could see that Finnan thought how they didn't deserve that too after he scored. Fair play to him, it was a good goal.

To be honest, the entire pack of them just looked like they wanted the campaign over as soon as possible. Nothing more, nothing less. Next match will be the same, but hopefully they'll come back hungry for the WC qualifiers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

I think your all being too hard on Stan, he got a draw with Germany last week, a major world power, thats good stuff in my book, let the man see his 4 year plan out

Advertisement