Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rubbish Dump

Options
  • 15-10-2007 10:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭

I live near Claregalway - where would my local ethical rubbish collection site be? I'm not sure what they take at Carrowbrowne, or whether you have to pay for it. I think you have to pay Galway Metal near Oranmore to drop stuff off.

I mostly have metal rubbish to get rid of - electronics, pots & pans, an old kettle barbeque. But I also have some other general rubbish too bulky to put in the bin. e.g. what is the best way to dispose of all that expanded polystyrene which electrical equipment comes packaged in?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Just chuck it in killimor, they wont notice ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

You can check with http://www.walshwaste.com/ or go to the waste centre on Headford road, abouts mile to your right after the halting site (heading from Galway).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 46 Chuckieawrlaw

I can collect it

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭ir555

city bin depot near Oranmore is good value and open Saturday mornings... check website..

drop the metal stuff off into Galway Metal on the way in (next door) and you might even get a few bob for it...

electronics not sure - keep an eye on http://www.weeeireland.ie/ for public collection days..

D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

Gwynston wrote: »
    I live near Claregalway - where would my local ethical rubbish collection site be? I'm not sure what they take at Carrowbrowne, or whether you have to pay for it. I think you have to pay Galway Metal near Oranmore to drop stuff off.

I mostly have metal rubbish to get rid of - electronics, pots & pans, an old kettle barbeque. But I also have some other general rubbish too bulky to put in the bin. e.g. what is the best way to dispose of all that expanded polystyrene which electrical equipment comes packaged in?

The council yard in the Liosban estate will take a lot of that for free.

I've always found that the best way to deal with polystyrene packaging is breaking it up using a combination of a bread/slab knife and liberal use of the foot, chuck the small bits into the recycling..

• Advertisement
Advertisement