Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom BB Problem

Options
  • 15-10-2007 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭

Having trouble getting my mothers BB sorted. I have splitter plugged into wall jack. Cable going from splitter to Netopia modem. When I plug the phone line into the phone jack on the splitter there's no dial tone on phone and BB gets knocked off. What am I doing wrong or is it a faulty splitter? Internet works fine if I don't plug in phone.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭RobbieMc

Sounds to me like an issue with the phone's cable or the wall socket.

First just to confirm, the splitter your using is the one with the symbols for the BB and the phone.

I have come across this in the past were the phone extension socket was faulty.

Hope this helps,
    Rob

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Stephen P

:confused:
    RobbieMc wrote: »
    Sounds to me like an issue with the phone's cable or the wall socket.

First just to confirm, the splitter your using is the one with the symbols for the BB and the phone.

I have come across this in the past were the phone extension socket was faulty.

Hope this helps,
    Rob

Yea its the splitter with a phone symbol on one side and the other side for broadband. The phone works fine when plugged directly into wall socket with no BB connected. Could it be a faulty splitter? If it was surely the BB wouldn't work??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭great unwashed

Have you tried the phone connection going into the splitter without the BB? This might tell you if the phone part of the splitter is not working.

I just set mine up a few minutes ago!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Firstly please title your thread properly - on your own admission you dont have a bb problem.
    Internet works fine if I don't plug in phone.

Borrow or buy a filter and try that. There is no way anyone on here can tell whether your filter is working or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Stephen P

dub45 wrote: »
    Firstly please title your thread properly - on your own admission you dont have a bb problem.

Borrow or buy a filter and try that. There is no way anyone on here can tell whether your filter is working or not.

Obviously I know no one on here can diagnose if the filter is working or not :eek:
    I was wondering if I'm doing something wrong or maybe someone else has come across this problem before and might know what the problem could be.
    I reckon now the problem lies with the wall jack or splitter. No need to re-title the thread as I'm satisfied with the responses received!
    Thanks to those who made a valuable contribution.

• Advertisement
Advertisement