Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Week 6 Reaction

• 15-10-2007 11:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭

chicago going down to minnesota????? surely not you say! but yes it really happened! my football bet was down because of it :)

in the big one the patriots were too strong for the cowboys in texas, as most expected. cleveland turned in a very good performance, well, in the 1st, 2nd, and 4th quarters against the miami. the titans and bucs played a hard game, the defences were definatly on top for that one! we got the giants and the falcons tonight and new orleans v the seahawks.

anybody have any thoughts on the weekends action?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,308 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Starting to get scared of the Pats. Game v Colts in a couple of weeks could be a classic...

Saints looked much much better in Seattle. Reggie Bush looked excellent in forst half and they basically just rode out the 2nd half.

hester scored his first offensive touchdown and another return for the Bears and was still overshadowed by Peterson. An amazing day for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,187 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

LT and the Chargers are back. Packers are for real. How many big plays can you squeeze into one game (Bears-Vikings)? Rookie-of-the-year contest is over, after 6 weeks! Brady is on pace for 56 TD passes! Fifty-six! Holy cow.

If the old cliché is true, that offense wins games, but defence wins championships, then the SB will be Green Bay-Jacksonville. :D

Who do you pick for ground attack player of the week: LT (198 yds and 4 TD) or AP (224 yds and 3 TD)?

Ya think Brady will be Air attack player of the week? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Week 6 reaction:

Patriots will win the Superbowl.

Adrian Peterson will be the best running back in the NFL.

I know what i'd prefer :D (because I have to right now)

Seriously though, I was watching the Saints Seahawks game and John Madden was raving about how good Reggie Bush was, while at the same time they were also saying that the 3 longest runs of his career had come in that game: 22, 19 and 18 yards at one stage.

Compare that to Peterson who had TD runs of 67, 73 and 35 yards in one game! Not to mention that he picked up those stats from Number 2 on the depth chart behind Chester Taylor who carried the ball more than Peterson did! Taylor touched it 22 times on the ground, Peterson 20 times. That is crazy when you think about it. No other back in the league compares, not even LT!

It might sound like i'm...actually feck it. He's the only good thing that's happened to this Vikings offense since the 2004 season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,890 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Special mention for Vinny Testeverde for winning a game for Carolina at the ripe old age of 43. Only joined them during the week but proved there's no substitute for experience. He just keeps on coming back.

Oh and the Chiefs won! Gonzalez overtook Shannon Sharpe's record of touchdown's for a tight end. The guy is an absolute legend and still at the top his game. LJ got his first TD of the season and rushed for over 100 yard after the whole offence rushed for just 10 yards last week. We're 3-3 now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

My general reaction to week 6 is that the Patriots scare the s**t out of me
    And Packers are for real, repeat of Superbowl 31 anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Dodge wrote: »
    Starting to get scared of the Pats. Game v Colts in a couple of weeks could be a classic...

Agree... Out of curiosity when is that game? Like is it the early game or late game sunday?? It would be a lot better if it was early...
    Mustangs wrote: »
    Seriously though, I was watching the Saints Seahawks game and John Madden was raving about how good Reggie Bush was, while at the same time they were also saying that the 3 longest runs of his career had come in that game: 22, 19 and 18 yards at one stage.

I think the thing with Bush is that although he might not be a huge yardage guy, it's his great athleticism that stands out... He definitely benefits with a good first string HB ahead of him, it's a pity for him that McCallister is injured...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,394 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Special mention for Vinny Testeverde for winning a game for Carolina at the ripe old age of 43. Only joined them during the week but proved there's no substitute for experience. He just keeps on coming back.

Yes, yes, yes. what a legend!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

dulpit wrote: »
    I think the thing with Bush is that although he might not be a huge yardage guy, it's his great athleticism that stands out... He definitely benefits with a good first string HB ahead of him, it's a pity for him that McCallister is injured...

I'm not so sure about that. Granted he is a great athlete but i'm going to go out on a limb here and label him the Mike Vick of running backs. Just as in Vicks case that a great athlete does not = a great QB, a great athlete does not = a great RB.

I'm still in awe at Petersons performance on Sunday, especially against the Bears defense of all teams! And the Bears were only missing one starter on defense so there's nothing to take away from AP on this one.

Bush is all hype at the minute, just as he was last season. I think by the end of this season Bush's name will be dropped from the 'cream of the crop' running backs, not that he did anything to get up there in the first place!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,187 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

dulpit wrote: »
    Agree... Out of curiosity when is that game? Like is it the early game or late game sunday?? It would be a lot better if it was early...

4th November, 9.15 p.m.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Slow coach wrote: »
    4th November, 9.15 p.m.

Definitely not working that night I get paid to watch the NFL but fook it that is a game to watch in a pub.

As a Patriots fan I am fooking excitied about this year more than I was in the other 3 years we won the bowl. What a win and without a ground attack. Brady Stallworth and Welker and that guy they call Moss :D are on fire and I honestly dont care what happens on Nov 4th obviously a PATS win is the only result but I think the AFC game is going to be the big one I cant see any other AFC teams stopping Manning or Brady being honest and in the NFC Cowboys/Packers Championship game me thinks.

What a season been a fan for the last 15 years and I have to say this is going to go down as one of the top 5 seasons. Look at the QB numbers un fooking believable and we are only in week 6.

In the words ofa great man OUTSTANDING :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

the giants/falcons game last night was a good watch for me, i was relying on the giants to cover the spread and undo the damage the bears did to me! it was a happy result for me thankfully!

im really looking forward to the patriots/colts game in a few weeks, it seems the colts are the only team that might possibly upset the apple cart, but really, when the pats are beating the cowboys by 21 points can anyone stop them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭heyjude

The Patriots seem to be the class of the NFL now, but it only takes a second for that to change. They have virtually no running game now, so its all up to Tom Brady, if he stays fit they'll keep rolling and while they might survive an injury to Brady, without him they would be beatable.

Don't know what everyone else thinks, but its looking very likely as it has done for several years that whoever emerges from the AFC will take the Superbowl, certainly the best 5-6 teams at the moment are the Patriots, Colts, Chargers, Steelers and maybe the Packers and Cowboys. At present, the Cowboys would probably be the best NFC team and the Patriots handled them comfortably in the end, I'm not sure that they'd find it so easy to go into Indianapolis or San Diego and win so easily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Definitely not working that night I get paid to watch the NFL but fook it that is a game to watch in a pub.

Hang on, you get paid to watch NFL? How does that work??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,394 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

heyjude wrote: »
    The Patriots seem to be the class of the NFL now, but it only takes a second for that to change. They have virtually no running game now, so its all up to Tom Brady, if he stays fit they'll keep rolling and while they might survive an injury to Brady, without him they would be beatable.

Don't know what everyone else thinks, but its looking very likely as it has done for several years that whoever emerges from the AFC will take the Superbowl, certainly the best 5-6 teams at the moment are the Patriots, Colts, Chargers, Steelers and maybe the Packers and Cowboys. At present, the Cowboys would probably be the best NFC team and the Patriots handled them comfortably in the end, I'm not sure that they'd find it so easy to go into Indianapolis or San Diego and win so easily.

Underestimate Kevin Faulk at your peril.

I do agree that the NFC is much the weaker league. That said, there is a very long road ahead until superbowl teams emerge from the post season. Injuries, changes in form, changes in focus will inevitably happen. It could well be that a team stands out from the pack in the NFC and dominates the playoffs and comes in as a favourite. The colts and Patriots may not provide the AFC champion.

We shall see...:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭kev_s88

all i can say is thank god the Jaguars finally broke their curse against the texans!!! 37-17.... good win for them.

now i just can wait to see how the Jags hold up against the Colts on monday.should be a cracker of a game!!!

david garrard... what a man.replaces starter Leftwich nd still hasnt thrown an interception this season!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 johndylan

Lads, it's been a great start to the season with 6-0 and I was lucky enough to head over to see my brother in law in Boston and had a great day out at the chargers game...and the Pats are awesome at the moment, but let's not get carried away. Brady rightly played down the win in Dallas as just another win on the road and there are sure to be a few blips for Brady, Moss et al on their way to another Superbowl...especially if we keep running out of running backs. Wes Welker is GOD!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

johndylan wrote: »
    Lads, it's been a great start to the season with 6-0 and I was lucky enough to head over to see my brother in law in Boston and had a great day out at the chargers game...and the Pats are awesome at the moment, but let's not get carried away. Brady rightly played down the win in Dallas as just another win on the road and there are sure to be a few blips for Brady, Moss et al on their way to another Superbowl...especially if we keep running out of running backs. Wes Welker is GOD!

Very true but the best part is the AFC east is a joke of a division and has some of the poorest teams in it so it give the Pats a slight breather. One thing to remember the last Superbowl win we had a battered up Corey Dillion and the most reliable 3rd down back in Kevin Faulk who helped tremendously. Once Brady and co stay healthy we will pound out as many yards on the ground until maroney and Morris are fit and with double coverage on moss Stallworth and the wee man Welker getting open its all good. Keep the faith.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

the pats are on fire this year, ive been saying since pre season they were gonna have a good year but the offence has outweighed my expectations so far, and that offensive line!!!! brady has time to read the newspaper before he decides what pass to throw!

Advertisement