Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Taking contacts off K750i with broken LCD?

• 15-10-2007 11:01am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 338 ✭✭

Recently dropped my k750i and it still seems to be working but all my contacts are not on sim.Have tried connecting it to my laptop via data cable but doesn't seem to connect.I was quoted 100 euros for a new lcd which seems a good bit to pay just to get my contacts out.

Any ideas???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭billbond4

Had you the phone connected up to the laptop previously?
    You will need to have the SE SW suite working and also myphone explorer installed on your laptop.

The same happened to my girlfriends phone, and I was able to get the contacts and the files stored on the phone off it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 338 ✭✭RodVelvet

No I just tried to install it after the event, I dont have the K750 suite cd was using the suite from a w200 which I presume is the same???Have installed but it doesnt seem to locate the phone when i try to connect it

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,143 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Looks like the same software. When you connect the phone is it detected by your computer?

No its not finding the phone at all

You prob need to goto your control panel,
    Click " Phone Monitor Options" and in the "Com Ports" Tab, just enabled all of your COM ports,
    See how you get on with that

• Advertisement

Cheers Bill, this seems to work now but it only gives me the option of syncing to outlook express.How do I get the contacts from here into a Nokia 6300??

Rod

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭dal

Does the phone show up as a drive in windows explorer?

I am pretty sure it needs to before the MyPhoneExplorer program will work.

Search for drivers for it.

I think the procedure is *something like*

- turn your phone off
    - while it is still off, hold down the "c" button.
    - While holding down the "c" button, connect it to your computer.
    - You computer should now ask you for a driver.
    - Point it to the flash driver that you have downloaded (you can probably get this from the sony ericsson site)

Actually, scrap that, here are instructions from the sonyericsson website:
    http://www.sonyericsson.com/spg.jsp?cc=global&lc=en&ver=4001&template=ps1_1_3_1_1&zone=ps&lm=ps1_1&pid=10242&fid=14033&esi=true

and the MyPhoneExplorer program can be downloaded from here:
    http://www.fjsoft.at/en/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

Try and find another K750 and check the menus on it to see what might be going wrong.

You can do a backup of your contacts in myphone explorer.
    Extras-> Create Backup, Give it a name "Backup2007" Just tick Contacts phone.

You might be able to send that "Backup2007" file by bluetooth to your nokia

Nice one Bill, was able to back the contacts up and save as csvs which let me put them onto a 6230i and then I just restored them to the 6300.Thanks for the help!

• Advertisement

No Hassle !! The K750i is a great phone and survives a fair bit of abuse.

BTW, if you noticed in the Backup option you can backup (and then bluetooth) any pictures/mp3s that you may have had on the K750i too.

Advertisement