Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tiling course

Options
  • 15-10-2007 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭

Does anyone on here know of a place in Ireland where you can do a 1 day or a weekend Tiling course? I have been doing tiling for a number of years for myself, and have become quite good at it and have done afew nixers for friends and family but Im slow at it TBH, and I'd like to do a course that would teach me something more about it. I do find it relaxing I must say and I enjoy it (easy to know thats not my main job)

A friend of mine was saying to me that he saw some course in the Sunday world back pages afew months ago but I havent been able to find it. It was some place in Galway that do a weekend intensive course.

Anyone know of any of these courses? I was even thinking of asking some professional tilers if I could do some work experience kind of stuff on a Sat but as I am in my early 30's I dont want to sound like a spanner either...

Any suggestions?:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭ennisjim

Hi teflon,
    I'm in the middle of tiling my new build and getting better at it (though 'enjoying it' might be pushing it for me :-). However, like you I am still very slow and I'm sure there are techniques which would speed me up. In my case I'm not planning to continue tiling beyond my own house so I'm not looking out for courses, but good luck with your search.
    ennisjim

• Registered Users Posts: 27,164 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

ennisjim wrote: »
    Hi teflon,
    I'm in the middle of tiling my new build and getting better at it (though 'enjoying it' might be pushing it for me :-). However, like you I am still very slow and I'm sure there are techniques which would speed me up. In my case I'm not planning to continue tiling beyond my own house so I'm not looking out for courses, but good luck with your search.
    ennisjim
    i.e "come and tile my house!" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭knighted

there is one in cork advertised now and again in the star -but i think they class this as a trade now and you do it in fas in limerick

other than that you can do a 2 week residential course in the uk -google it

Advertisement