Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flash player please help!

Options
  • 15-10-2007 11:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭

Hi all, when i open youtube i get a messsage saying Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Adobe's Flash Player. Get the latest Flash player.hers (link) to adobes flash player download page, but theres nothing on this page that i can click to download and an automatic download doesnt start

I have uninstalled flash player and reinstalled it, with internet explorer closed several times but the problem persists, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Is Javascript turned on?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

You could get firefox. Can you give us the link you're trying to download from?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

judomick wrote: »
    Hi all, when i open youtube i get a messsage saying Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Adobe's Flash Player. Get the latest Flash player.hers (link) to adobes flash player download page, but theres nothing on this page that i can click to download and an automatic download doesnt start

Yeah, I had this a week or two, it was the most frustrating experience ever. Exactly the same, by the sounds of it.

What I had to do was to lower all the security settings in IE7 and log in as administrator. The install proceeded then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭judomick

this is the link http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer/

javascript is turned on,

Tom how do i log in as an administrator?

Tom how do i log in as an administrator?

You will have to ask whoever set up the PC. They should have the administrator password. Alternatively, they can grant you administrator rights on the PC.

• Advertisement

i set up the pc?

What operating system are you using?

windows vista home package

windows vista home package

Doesn't Vista ensure each user does not have admin privileges by default? Sounds like you will have to give yourself admin privileges. I haven't set up Vista yet, so I don't know how exactly this is done.

tom dunne wrote: »
    Doesn't Vista ensure each user does not have admin privileges by default? Sounds like you will have to give yourself admin privileges. I haven't set up Vista yet, so I don't know how exactly this is done.
    ok ill play aound with it i guess thanks for the help so far, ive a feeling i will be back!

• Advertisement

back again, ive so far failed to log in as an administrator, i phoned adobe and the tech directed me to a pageon their website dealing with unistalls and re installs, this has not fixed the problem, so if anyone can help i would be grateful!

You may want to try the Windows forum too. You'll probably get a solution to your admin rights problem over there.

Advertisement