Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storage Heater required

Options
  • 15-10-2007 11:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hi,

Anyone know where I can purchase a storage heater? Need one to heat a room of 28sq metres so if you can also recommend a good one, all the better.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭davelerave

if you're fitting one for the first time you may want nightsaver or just for the heater alone a seperate nsh meter is cheaper.also if you want heat late afternoon evening you may want a combi.if its a straight swop it can be a 2.4 or a 3.4 i dont know the heat calculations

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Don Pedro

Thanks, any idea where to buy them now that the ESB shops are closed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭davelerave

electrical wholesalers is it a replacemnt

No, it's not a replacement.

By any chance, do you know of a wholesaler in the Dublin 7 area?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭Hoagy

Don Pedro wrote: »
    Hi,

Anyone know where I can purchase a storage heater? Need one to heat a room of 28sq metres so if you can also recommend a good one, all the better.

Thanks in advance.

A reasonable rule of thumb is to allow 150watts per square metre, so you will need 4.2 KW.
    The largest storage heater is 3.4 Kw, you will need 2no 2.5 Kw heaters.

• Advertisement

Thanks for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 juliegreene

Hello there,

Does anyone know where I could find a cover for a storage heater, in Ireland? All of the radiator covers I have found are not deep enough for a storage heater (which is ironic considering that a a storage heater is the ugliest of the lot!). I want to try and avoid buying online, to keep the expense down.

Thanks for your help!

Advertisement