Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

T-coil hearing aid mode on the Nokia 6131

• 15-10-2007 11:29am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,303 ✭✭✭✭

Thought anyone with a hearing aid would find this interesting.

If you have a Nokia 6131 (I got mine for €149 at an o2 store) click Menu, goto Settings, then to Enhancements, select Hearing Aid, and you can turn on the T-coil hearing aid mode.

Now, if you switch to the "T" switch of your hearing aid, you have the option of hearing only the person your speaking to, without any background noise on your side. Also, you don't get any feedback that you may get due to the phone being so close to your hearing aid. The difference this makes is f**king amazing!

Don't know what other models do this, and I only found this out whilst flicking through the phone, so it may be on other phones as well. If it is, reply to this thread with other phones that the "T-coil hearing aid mode" comes on.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Hearing Aid

Does the bluetooth device act as a hearing aid while not on a call? If it works like an aid then everybody will prefer to buy mobile phones and blue tooth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Thats pretty good. I must check my sisters phone when I see her next. She finds mobiles awful sometimes.

Advertisement