Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinions on Jani at Wildcat

Options
  • 15-10-2007 11:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭

I'm looking to get my first tatto done - a psychadelic baby orangutan's head on my lower back. It's quite large - about 8 inches by 6. When I was in the abbey street celestial ring for a piercing, I asked about price for this tattoo, and they said that it would take about 4 hours and therefore cost around €400. Which I had been expecting.

But just for the sake of thoroughness, and since I'd seen and liked his style on the website, I went up to the Stephen's Green shop and got Jani's opinion. He said 2 hours, so €200.

Since it's my first tattoo, I'm a bit concerned about the length of time it'll take to complete, so faster and cheaper is a good thing, but I would like a few opinions of Jani. Anyone got ink done by him? How did it turn out?

Thanks for the help in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭truthinwords

Jani's normally very fast and I've seen a piece he's done that's simmilar to what your describing. He's great for realistic colour work.

xtruthx

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Faster and cheaper is never a good option.
    Especially on something that will last for the rest of your life.

Anyway, I dont know anyone who has gotten anything done by Jani but i've seen his portfolio and its very very good! Apparently he has a bit of an attitude problem but then again, who doesn't

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭truthinwords

I've had lots of work (half legsleeve and full sleeve) done by Jani and I've never experienced any "attitude problem" at all. He's very straight to the point on what he thinks is a good idea and what isn't. The only problem I've experienced is that he's called in sick on two of my appointments but he is imo worth the wait.

xtruthx

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

I've had lots of work (half legsleeve and full sleeve) done by Jani and I've never experienced any "attitude problem" at all.
    xtruthx

Like I said, I've never gotten anything done by him, this is just what I've heard :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bounty_hunter

I've also never experienced any "attitude problem" with him, find him extremely pleasant, efficient and overall an excellent artist. One thing I will mention though is that his time scale is sometimes a bit off, so to be honest I would disregard that two hour thing popecatapetal and just assume it's gonna take around four hours as originally estimated. He is generally quite fast, but other circumstances such as you being uncomfortable and needing a break or whatever might get in the way. As I said though, excellent artist and I highly recommend him.

Edit: Of course it might only take three hours, or two and half! I mean just so you're prepared to spend the extra money if necessary and not have it in your head that it's gonna be no more than €200.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭popecatapetal

Thanks everyone, that's great news. I do like his style, but I just wanted some recommendations from you learned inhabitants of the computer world. Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bounty_hunter

Go for it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 L00045934

I love my tattoo, its brilliantly done. Jani is really nice too. He doesn't say much but so what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Thread is over 2 years old. Probably no longer relevant closing so as not to cause an argument

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement