Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Boards Upgrades

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

muffler wrote: »

Dont like this infraction thingy at all. Back to basics ;)

I think its a very good idea. If the rules can be sorted out and a fair system put in place and not abused then it could be great.

They way I see it happening would be very similar to the PP system.

break a law get x amunt of points. After y amount of points you get banned. After z amount of points you get site banned etc.

Points expire after a set amount of time.

If you feel the points were unjust you bring it to feedback/another forum and senior mods get to decide if it was unjust or what ever. if your case is thrown out you get double points.

May mean a lot of less crap in feedback

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

seamus wrote: »
    It should also be noted that when an infraction is given for a post, the post gets marked with a red card (infraction) or yellow card (warning). As per the attached.

A thread is also started in another forum to discuss the infraction. Along with the rest of the system, that's in testing at the moment.

I'm so getting picked on!

Do the Mods think its workable?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Rather partial to a reported post myself.
    With a cup of tea?

The all caps post de-capifier has been around for a year or two, since the last VB upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

tom dunne wrote: »
    I notice there is also a feature TO STOP YOU FROM SHOUTING.

Basically, if you post in all caps, vBulletin "fixes" it for you and changes the words to lower case.

Edit: Ok, that did work. It didn't work over on BG+RH. I is confused?????
    DeVore wrote: »
    It Only Works If Everything In The Thread Is Caps Afaik.... Then It Becomes Like This One
    THAT'S KINDA KEWWL.

Edit: That didn't work for me.

Edit 2: Oh wait everything in the thread, I thought you said post.
    tom dunne wrote: »
    Aha.

THANK YOU DEVORE YOU ARE YOUR USUAL HELPFUL SELF.
    Only works when you use the full reply option with the enhanced editor.

kearnsr wrote: »
    Ah man I just an infraction. Totally didnt deserve it. I'm so gona fight the power and bring this to feedback!

Didnt get an eamil but I think thats cause there was an old email account there and i prob didnt update it soon enough
    You have to have PM notifications set in a certain way. See attached pic.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/profile.php?do=editoptions

Terry wrote: »

You have to have PM notifications set in a certain way. See attached pic.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/profile.php?do=editoptions

I thought the email notices was for spam so didnt sign up to it

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

DeVore wrote: »
    It Only Works If Everything In The Thread Is Caps Afaik.... Then It Becomes Like This One

Ah yeah people, but that is not new to this upgrage.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

I also like how the page no longer bounces back when you are editing a post and using formatting.
    Eg. When using the quick edit on a long post, the post would reset to the top of the page after hitting ctrl + b.
    That doesn't happen any more.

Advertisement