Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Given up on Celestial Ring (Wildcat)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 1up

eth0_ wrote: »
    1up - less of the attitude or you'll be banned. Garth_V is not a scenester and he's entitled to be pierced by someone who doesn't have an air of resenting her customers.

I feel sorry for people getting their first piercing if they are dealt with by someone who is incapable of being friendly and putting them at ease..

banned for objecting to name calling?
    If its allowed then i have to disagree and say that garthv is definitly a scenester as you put it and has been telling people on boards that it perfectly fine to pierce themselves at home and constantly gives people piercing and tattoo advice.(check his posts).
    my point is that i strongly agree with the benifit of good customer service but an situation where my health is at risk i,d want the person dealing with it to be as serious as possible regardless of whether i come out of it think there my new pal or not.i do apologise if it resulted in bickering but that defenitly was,nt
    my doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

1up wrote: »
    If its allowed then i have to disagree and say that garthv is definitly a scenester as you put it and has been telling people on boards that it perfectly fine to pierce themselves at home and constantly gives people piercing and tattoo advice.(check his posts).

I have never told anyone it's ok to pierce at home. In fact if you read my posts you will find that I am strongly against the idea. I have always been of the opinion its better to get a professional to do it. You obviously havent the faintest clue as to what you are talking about.

I give people advice from my experiences and as far as I am aware I am yet to give anybody bad advice. Anyway, people don't take internet forums seriously when it comes to getting pierced, its just a good place to go to get some advice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

A piercer, tattooist, or anyone who works in that area is generally going to be working with people who are nervous, scared, or unsure, and therefore they're going to need to have a good 'bedside manner' if they want to be good at what they do. It comes with the territory of the job. You can't be good at your job if you alienate all your customers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 bliss

fine call me an idiot I honestly dont care. If you are nervous about getting something done you should say something. I did when I got my first tattoo done and they guy was lovely to me. I've never gone back to him though as he spent so long talking to me I feel the lines are not straight. They guy that tattoos me now (in another studio) bearly grunts at me but his work is (to me) amazing. Piercers and Tattoos artists are not mind readers, they are generally very busy professional people. This is why alot of artists/piercers would ask that you think long and hard about what you want and be 110% certain about what you want. Also if you have any questions about after care then they should be there to talk to you as at the end of the day its their work.

Im a receptionist in a office and i do agree they have to be friendly and nice but it is also a retail store that get alot of people walk off the street see no one in the front of the shop so presume its quiet and want to be seen to as soon as possible. Just because they are not piercing or tattooing doesnt mean they are not doing other work. Its a small shop and everyone seems to muck in with all the work.

If she was abusive then fine you can complain or if she didnt do her job right then you have a right to complain. Your personal opinion of her should be left out of the equation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Purple Person

As the piercer that has been mentioned in some of these messages I feel I have the right to have a say in this matter.
    I find some of the comments highly unfair and very immature, I hope people will read the following message with an open mind and understand fully what I am trying to say without being offended.
    I recall exactly the day in question, Sunday the 14th of october and I also recall that I was the only piercer working at the time that this customer came in. I proceeded to pierce the customers navel, I am not aware at any time that I did not answer questions, or that at any point I was rude or abrupt, I always try to answer questions as fully as possible and to give as much advice on the care of a piercing. If this comes across as being cold then please accept my appologies, as previously said by someone else though, I am there, being paid a wage to do a job and be a PROFFESSIONAL PIERCER. If I did not make enough small talk with the customer it was because there were many other customers also waiting just as long as this customer and I obviously did not want to keep people waiting unduly. If the customer had been waiting 20 minutes it was due to the fact that I am told which customers to serve in what order by my manager.
    My Manager pointed to a girl and told me to talk to her as she had a problem with a piercing, I approached the girl and asked "What am I talking to you about", because I had no idea, the shop was busy and I was asked to deal with it. The Lady in question said she was there for a piercing, I told her I hadn't set up yet and went in to do so. When I came back she had left and no staff member knew where she had gone.
    For a situation like this to get out of hand to the point where the shop owners are now having to get involved, my reputation as a piercer is in question and my ability to perform my job is topic of conversation on a discussion board is quite frankly ridiculous. I don't find people complaining on boards.ie when the staff in their hairdressers aren't asking where they went on holiday, which is pretty much the same thing. I always try to make customers feel comfortable in our studio and if they are nervous I try and put them at ease. Bed side manner is a large part of being a good piercer. I also feel that the most important thing when considering getting a new piercing is that the piercer is knowledgable and clean, able to answer questions and give honest replies, I am not there to tell you what you want to hear, I am there to tell you what you need to know.
    I have lots of repeat customers, I have plenty of good feedback, the problem there is that they don't feel the need to get on a discussion board and tell everyone about it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭truthinwords

I've been pierced by you and found it a very pleasent experience for an akward piercing (smiley) you were nothing but nice and informative and it should also be noted that the none of the people who complain here actually made complaints to the shop manager but that wildcat found this post of their own accord and addressed the problem.

xtruthx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 xxxclgxxx

i cant believe you ppl are tlkin bout the same celestial ring i go 2.
    the staff are so nice and so friendly and understandin. i no da piercests up der becuz i went der 2 get my first piercin...

i never felt them cold or unfriendly, the recep staff are always willin to ans ?'s they can. if they cant they'll get a piercer or tattoo artist to come and tlk 2 u.

the piercest cheryl has piercest me and each time shes been so nice to me shes eplained exactly wat my after care was and asked me if i had any questions, also tlked me tru my piercin she was extremly clean tuk extreme gud care of me while i was in her company..
    any of my friends taht wanted a piercin ive recommended der and theyve been delighted with the service they've been given.
    ive never ever felt the staff der to be cold at all.

as for the room feelin cold and clincal it has to be that way as it was to be sterlile. they are known for there cleaniness, unlike many of the other kips in town that call themselves piercin parlours were they dont even use gloves r take your money wearing the gloves and den pierce you.

as for the comm about the jewllery under most piercins in da leaflet it says jewllery not incl in BIG BOLD letters.

i cant believe the immaturity of some of the comments on this.

the piercer in these comments is my piercer and most of my mates piercest and considerin amoung us i'd say we've prob about 30 piercings and we've NEVER EVER had an issue with her.

so for those who are considerin getting pierced i STRONGLY recommend celestial as it clean proffesional and da staff are friendly nad very understandin if its your first time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shelli

I dont think people who have commented on bad experieces with CR were simply moaning about the lack of "chat" but it seems that they felt they were dealt with in a blatantly rude manner, which is completely different, although as stated above, they may have misconstrued the situation.

I personally have never had a bad experience in any of the CR studios, far from it, and I have always reccomended them to anyone who asked my opinion, which is why it saddened me to see them getting such a bad rap.

Fair play Adrienne and Cheryl for posting, and I hope the rest of the staff haven't got in too much bother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Yeah hope this blows over, has gone way out of control :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

I've only gone in there once and got my tatt done by Jani. He is a real nice guy. The girl who was on reception that day, had red hair, I think, and she was really nice.

I think Jani kinda sensed that I was kinda nervous about getting my tatt done(it was only my second one in 10 years), and took his time with it.

All in all, I have no complaints about the studio. Really, clean studio, and friendly, helpful staff.

MM/

• Advertisement

Ok first of all, I have always recommended Celestial Ring in Stephens Green. It was my favourite place to get pierced. As I said, I have had all my piercings done there. Ask anybody on this board who's been around for a while, I would always tell friends and family to go to Celestial Ring. I got my first piercing when I was 16 and I've been getting pierced there ever since..I've never said a bad word about the place....until my experience I have outlined above.

Now, I have to admit, fair play to both Adrienne and Purple Person for signing up here and giving their 2 cents. But...this is a message board. It's a place for people to give their opinions on certain places, share experiences with other like minded people. The discussion of the work of piercers and tattoo artists around Dublin is the focal point of this message board. I have given my experience with your shop and I have every right to pass on my experience with the rest of the people here.

The reason I created this thread was because of how shocked I was with the level of customer satisfaction that day. As I said I have all my piercings done in Celestial Ring, you would think that a regular customer would get a bit more respect.

I stand by what I posted and I am sorry to say that I won't be going back to Celestial Ring to get pierced again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Purple Person

Ok, I understand that you have decided not to return as a customer, but what I don't understand is at what point did I not show you respect? when exactly during the piercing did you decide that I had not performed a satisfactory job? because as I recall you seemed perfectly happy with your piercing on the day and the advice I had given you and you explained to me that you'd been pierced at wildcat before, at no point during your visit did you seem unhappy with the level of service you recieved. How are staff members supposed to improve their customer service if nothing is said to them at the time. I always ask customers to look in the mirror and see if they are happy, if they have any problems any worries to come straight back. I'm not sure how this came across as being disrespectful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

wow heavy sarcasm from a man complaining about people with attitude problems
    The great thing about sites like this is it lets people voice there opinions.the bad thing about sites like this is it lets people like you voice there opinions.quoting somebody,s comment and saying you disagree is fair enough but barging around tagging people as idiots is the work of an infant.lets try to keep the point in focus after all you did bring it up.

( Voice " their " not " there " )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭Quattroste

Anti wrote: »
    ( Voice " their " not " there " )

Who gives a sh1t when your having a good oul heated discussion. :rolleyes:

Purple Person -

I apologise if what I said has come across as a personal attack on you. This was never meant to be my intent. My post was highlighting the lack of customer service in general. Obviously I am not the only one with this complaint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 1up

garthv wrote: »
    Purple Person -

I apologise if what I said has come across as a personal attack on you. This was never meant to be my intent. My post was highlighting the lack of customer service in general. Obviously I am not the only one with this complaint.

It was your intent when you and [truth in words] decided it was fine to use peoples names and description and not just discuss the matter generally.If you have always been happy to go there and think THEIR work is good you should still be happy regardless of what happened.I like marks and spencers cookie,s.I,m still gonna buy them even if the girl behind the counter does not ask hows my day or if the que is long.If i went home and posted and rant about that girl and knew she read it.my next trip to owl marks would be pretty uncomfortable wouldnt it.Can anybody smell burnt bridges.

a mile away

It was your intent when you and [truth in words] decided it was fine to use peoples names and description and not just discuss the matter generally.If you have always been happy to go there and think THEIR work is good you should still be happy regardless of what happened.I like marks and spencers cookie,s.I,m still gonna buy them even if the girl behind the counter does not ask hows my day or if the que is long.If i went home and posted and rant about that girl and knew she read it.my next trip to owl marks would be pretty uncomfortable wouldnt it.Can anybody smell burnt bridges.

I apologised to Purple Person, not to you
    As far as I can see, the only reason you've signed up to these boards is to stir shit, people like you really aren't welcome around here.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Ah yes... getting a piercing or tattoo is very similar to buying a cookie... mmm cookies!

In fairness to Garthv, his OP did not sound like a personal attack on any person, just a general observation he made while getting pierced. I understand that the communication between piercer and customer is not top priorty, but if I'm after considering getting a piercing, saved up for it, got really nervous about getting a foreign object pierced through my skin, a bit of a smile wouldn't go astray!

Saying that, I've never had a problem with Celestial 98% of the time I've been in there, I've gone to them and recommended them to everyone for years and still do even though my allegiance lies elsewhere now!

jenizzle wrote: »
    Saying that, I've never had a problem with Celestial 98% of the time I've been in there, I've gone to them and recommended them to everyone for years and still do even though my allegiance lies elsewhere now!

This is exactly why I started this thread, I have been going to Celestial Ring for years and never had an issue like this before.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35 TheBlondeOne

Wilburt wrote: »
    was in the stephens green centre today, kate i think the girls name is was very nice, she was the piercer. very warm and friendly.
    :D

Hiya. :D

I am the other female piercer in the Green. If it is i you are referring to my name is Aine or "The Blonde Wan" as I am often referred to by customers....;)

I think its perfectly okay to use names especially when you're defending the person. I've been pierced by Cheryl and would recomend her to others as I would all the piercers in Celestial. I've never had any major problems with customer service there and if I remember correctly the Metal Metamorphisis thread is full of descriptions and derrogatery comments and you didn't seem to issue any complaints to that.

xtruthx

As I mentioned earlier I am th "other" female piercer in Wildcat, Stephens Green. I am not here to defend anyone involved nor am I speaking on behalf of Wildcat. I am speaking as an experienced piercer who has worked in many studios home and abroad.
    As a piercer we are expected to do a job. Pierce people. In a clean and professional manner. We are not therapists, believe me they get paid a lot more. ;)
    When a studio is busy and you are the only piercer on duty (which WAS the case on the day in question) it can be rather difficult to concentrate on the job in hand and have time for friendly conversation too. This is unfortunate but true. We don't always have time to be uber-friendly. Personally, I would rather have a well placed clean piercing that has recieved total concentration, than 5 minutes of smiling and chit-chat no?

Every piercer has their own "way" about them. We all have very individual personalities and bed-side manners. As is the case with humans in general. And unfortunately not every piercer will suit every customer. Such is life.

Obviously everyone in this thread is affiliated with one studio or another and obviously everyone is going to think that their local piercer is the best ever and will slate every other studio to get their point across. Often in a very childish playground manner.

If you are not happy with a service that you have paid for is it not better to make your complaint there and then as opposed to hiding behind your P.C and complaining on a site such as this one?

As the americans say "If you like us, tell everyone, if you don't....tell us" :D

..... oh and as you can see I am not hiding behind any made-up name or internet handle.....:D

In fairness to most posters here, we try to be as fair and objective as possible. People do have favourites, more so for tattooists due to the varying styles and what new posters want e.g colour, black work, etc. we try point em in the right direction. For piercing its the same, people here try to point (push) people in direction of the good places, such as you guys, snakebite, bodyshock.
    Think this thing has just got way out of proportion and a few misunderstandings on the way have been picked up.

TheBlondeOne - sorry for getting your name wrong. Áine is way easier to remember. Dont know where i got kate from :-/

Oh Wilburt I agree totally. I have respect for all the studios (bar one, which is not a studio but you know who i mean ;) ) We're all just trytin' to make a livin. I just find this site incredibly childish and one sided sometimes. And often far too personally insulting. :o

Long time viewer, first time poster. :D

Did anyone who posted a thread complaining about Celestial here complain in the shop itself? In the one situation I had a problem in Celestial I asked to speak to the manager who took my complaint and apologised. I think the point has been made again and again by Celestial/Wildcat that if you had complained to them it would have been dealt with in a much better way then this.

xtruthx

Long time viewer, first time poster. :D

Aine you should stick around and answer peoples general piercing questions. I think (correct me if I'm wrong) that you're the only professional piercer posting here and it would be handy to have somebody reliable to answer our questions and queries.

xtruthx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 lazarusslazlow

garthv wrote: »
    you would think that a regular customer would get a bit more respect.

As a regular customer you should have more respect for the shop that gave you all the piercings you are so proud of.(and as a regular customer you should know that all their pricelists say very clearly that jewellery is/is not included) A phonecall to the shop or quick word with the manager is hardly asking too much is it? You obviously are very opinionated about things, and that's fine, but you should have stood up for yourself in person.
    I expect you spent the day moaning about it and telling everyone how badly you were treated instead of resolving it in 5 mins.
    It would have been alot more productive to actually wait there and speak to her about it,or at least have the courtesy to say 'listen, im not happy with this so im going to leave it' instead of dissapearing and letting your frustration out on the internet.
    She is very professional and skilled at her craft, she tells you all you need to know,the facts, plain and simple, and basically gets on with it. She isn't unfriendly or unapproachable atall, she is there to get a job done and from my piercing experiences with her, she does it very well.

Piercers are not there to do anything other than pierce you, just becasue she didn't know what was on next and was busy doesn't make her 'rude', it makes her human.

I really hope Cheryl doesnt get 'hauled over the coals' because she is an asset to that place and the piercing scene in Ireland in general.

• Advertisement

Aine you should stick around and answer peoples general piercing questions. I think (correct me if I'm wrong) that you're the only professional piercer posting here and it would be handy to have somebody reliable to answer our questions and queries.

xtruthx

Dude I am more than happy to answer questions for anyone. :D
    I never really bothered with this site before but i may just stick around. ;)

Advertisement