Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 computers accessing broadband at home

Options
  • 15-10-2007 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

I've recently moved back home and my computer has come with me. The home PC accesses the Broadband through eircom router. Wanting to know of any suggestions as to how I can also access the bb from my computer too? Cheap suggesstions preferably :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭great unwashed

Assuming you have wifi there, you should be able to create a wireless connection profile on your own pc and access the wifi bubble that's around the house.

For this your pc will need to have a wireless network card and you will need an SSID and WEP number which was used to set up the first connection. If you need to buy a card it should cost around €100 maybe less, not much more I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

You can get wireless adapters for Pc's for 5 euro on ebay that use USB I think.

You could also get a network cable and plug directly into the router assuming it has ports or into the other computer if its nearer and enable Internet connection sharing on the other computer.

Advertisement