Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best time to buy a new bike?

• 15-10-2007 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭

I'm looking to get my hands on a new, entry-level road bike. I was just wondering when was the best time to go shopping for a bargain? Should I go now - do bike shops sell off their 2007 stock to make way for the 2008 models or should I wait until Christmas/New Year? Also, is there significant benefits to be had in buying a 2008 bike rather than the previous year's model?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Phil01

I'm not sure if anyone does January Sales on bikes. You probably would be best waiting until after christmas though, unless your planning some hard winter training. You would be better off buying a 2007 bike there wont be any difference in performance and there also would be a couple of quid knocked off the price more than likely.
    Happy shopping.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭locteau

the best to talk about this his Rob in wheelworx (sorry for the spelling)

He is in lots of topics, just find him. Great guy to do business with

Seb Locteau

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 vitus123

Yes there is a time to buy a bike and to save money ,JANUARY ! my local bike shop has a one day sale Every Year on the 5th of January ,its A saturday! & There is 20% off All Road & Mountain BIKES ( ONE DAY ONLY ).
    The shop is in Galway City....Moutain Trail Bike Shop..Contact Them u Will see i;m right!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Prezatch

Hey guys, just reviving an old thread with a quick question. I don't have enough money to buy a new bike at the moment and probably won't until the Autumn/Winter. Just wondering, when do the 2009 models get released ie. 2008 models get slashed in price?

Advertisement