Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xmas day starter?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭LadyE

DesF wrote: »
    My sis is a chef, and she made a delish one recently.

I'll post that as soon as I see her.

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Pigletlover

I too am looking for ideas for a Christmas day starter, was going to go with a selection of canapes but have decided against that. I like a lot of the suggestions here but I've made similar things in the past so I'm looking for something new. I think crabcakes would go down well but I don't know how I can make them extra special. Does anyone have any ideas on how I might do this or suggestions for alternative recipes? I don't want to do a prawn cocktail or anything with smoked salmon and I'm not too keen on soup either but I'll cosider anything else. Hope I'm not being too fussy :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,472 ✭✭✭✭Alun

One I did recently that was really nice was large field mushrooms dribbled with a bit of olive oil with roquefort cheese crumbled into them, wrapped in parma ham and baked in the oven. Serve with a rocket salad and a balsamic vinegar dressing.

Advertisement