Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Number transer (Have O2, got Meteor SIM)

• 15-10-2007 12:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,209 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys,
    Just got my phone unlocked. I bought a Meteor SIM (Well, free but had to buy 10eur credit) last month. Now I have an 086 number with O2.

I want to transfer my 086 number onto my Meteor SIM. Question is... Do I call into a Meteor shop to do this or can I ring Meteor helpline and will they do it over the phone? Would be handy do do it over the phone instead of having to go into town, park etc. etc.

Any help/advise appreciated. Moving to Meteor for free voicemail (Want to stay prepay as im a student) and free txt offers etc.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

you can do it yourself. call 1905 from a landline or different mobile. they'll ask you for:

1. the number from the meteor sim (on the piece of paper it was stuck to)

2. the pin (also on the paper)

3. maybe the puk (also on the paper)

4. your number

then they'll call you to verify you own the number and that's it. it can take about 2 hours and make sure to copy your contacts from your old sim to the phone memory and then back onto the new sim

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,209 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Nice one commander, just going to backup contacts to my PC

while we're on topic ;)

Will I lose my O2 credit?

I presume my O2 SIM just wont work anymore?

Will I lose my O2 credit?
    yes

I presume my O2 SIM just wont work anymore?
    no it won't

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

you cant do it over the phone though, you have to go into a meteor store and sign whats called a CAF form (customer agreement form), at least you do with doing the reverse, moving numbers from another network to o2, otherwise anyone could just ring up, give details and steal your number, have seen it happen

• Advertisement

I've just done it over the phone. Gave my 085 number and PIN and then my 086 number

He then rang me on the 086 number to confirm things. Said in about 2 hours ill lose o2 coverage, then stick in Meteor SIM. Happy days... free voicemail!

Now I need to spent 5eur credit in 2 hours

krudler wrote: »
    you cant do it over the phone though, you have to go into a meteor store and sign whats called a CAF form (customer agreement form), at least you do with doing the reverse, moving numbers from another network to o2, otherwise anyone could just ring up, give details and steal your number, have seen it happen

meteor don't have CAF forms. they're not as fussy as o2. but on the other hand, the customer care agents calls the person right then and there, as do vodafone agents, so o2 is really the only network that you can port someone to maliciously

oh, and 3 but they're crap anyway

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Now I need to spent 5eur credit in 2 hours

sex chat line?

sex chat line?

Id like it to last 2 hours, not 2 mins ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

meteor don't have CAF forms

they do, i signed one the other day.

• Advertisement

The meteor guy on the phone said about 2 hours and the changeover would be complete - how accurate is this?

If anyone has done the same moving from somewhere else to Meteor and uses the web log-in... do you start to log-in with your 086 number or do you use the 085 login? (If you use the 086 does Meteor create an account automatically or something?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

JohnCleary wrote: »
    The meteor guy on the phone said about 2 hours and the changeover would be complete - how accurate is this?

If anyone has done the same moving from somewhere else to Meteor and uses the web log-in... do you start to log-in with your 086 number or do you use the 085 login? (If you use the 086 does Meteor create an account automatically or something?)

I ported over from O2 to Meteor last week - it took all of 20 minutes.

As for logging into My Meteor - use your 086 number.

Nala wrote: »
    they do, i signed one the other day.

were you signing up to a contract? I've ported hundreds of people to meteor and none of them signed a form. Maybe i was doing it wrong :D they all got moved over nonetheless

it can take anything from 1 minute to 2 hours to port btw. Depends on the queue

All done took around 90 mins. Getting calls now fine. Now just gotta top up by 20eur and hopefully ill get free meteor to meteor texts, free phone a friend and 10eur a month (for 5 months I Think)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Never got anyone moving to Meteor, bar on postpay, to sign a form, nor have I ever seen, heard of or heard a rumour of a CAF form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,944 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement