Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halloween exam??!!

Options
  • 15-10-2007 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭

Is it like this for every one or am I just really unlucky. I've just started first year computer science and my mid-term matrices and vectors exam is on 31 October at 19:30.

Is it just me or is that an insane time to have an exam. At least give us the 31st off.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 UpcomingStudent

our introduction to calculus lecturer announced at the start of the year that our exam would be on the 31st of october but came out recently that it would be in november as if it was gonna be that day all along. is the hall booked for the exam and everything?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,764 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

at least it isn't the following day so you can go out on Halloween

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

haha, welcome to ucd darlins!
    I'm in calc, repeating, anyway, our exam is on the 1st nov at 7:30 in blackrock.
    If you think thats bad, I have a final exam, ie one that says whether I pass or fail the year, on an hour before the math one and it's in the main campus!

They do this every year, can't really member last halloween but for valentines just gone, we had two exams one after the other!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Go in costume, g'wan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭stereoroid

The planned exams for the two Maths for Engineers courses were set for the 30th (Tues) in Blackrock, but they couldn't get the room(s), so they've been cancelled altogether.

A couple of the lecturers I have are "old school", don't agree with all this newfangled "continuous assessment" malarkey anyway. Let it all hang on the final exam, and if you lost the plot back in October, tough titty. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 38 UpcomingStudent

Le Rack wrote: »
    haha, welcome to ucd darlins!
    I'm in calc, repeating, anyway, our exam is on the 1st nov at 7:30 in blackrock.
    If you think thats bad, I have a final exam, ie one that says whether I pass or fail the year, on an hour before the math one and it's in the main campus!

They do this every year, can't really member last halloween but for valentines just gone, we had two exams one after the other!

what subject is the final exam in? O.o

Don't worry dude, I'm an X-er student, technically a second year but repeating a few of my first year subjects but if you're in science you'll be doing this module next sem, Biol 10060, Plants, Fungi and Enviromental Science

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

If it helps I have an exam that day and another at 9am the next day. Cept we're trying to get the 9 moved. Just ask though. Your man was quite accomodating to us because we asked him so early

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

Exam on Nov 1, Nov 5 and Nov 7. More during the week of the 22nd. Enjoy Hallowe'en night! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭spudington16

Yeah, I've one on November 1st at 09:00... Can't see this Halloween being so great... :(

• Advertisement

gubbie wrote: »
    If it helps I have an exam that day and another at 9am the next day. Cept we're trying to get the 9 moved. Just ask though. Your man was quite accomodating to us because we asked him so early
    I got the email bout my biol last week, emailed the lecturer back within two days, and he basically said in politer terms "screw you" cuz apparently no one else is having the same clash as me, so I have to take it an hour earlier than everyone else to give me an extra fifteen minutes to get between the two campus'

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

As someone said already, welcome to UCD. You'll survive - go out later on. Same as we do every time they give us an exam on a Saturday night ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭BlackMamba

One of my friends does Nursing and she has an exam at 6.00pm Halloween night. So no mystery tour 4 her!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭tywy

Should I be worried that I don't have exams?

BlackMamba wrote: »
    One of my friends does Nursing and she has an exam at 6.00pm Halloween night. So no mystery tour 4 her!!!
    Mystery Tour = unplanned pub crawl

last years was cancelled, don't think the students even got refunded!

Advertisement