Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mods out of order

Options
  • 15-10-2007 1:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭

i have not received 1 word from a Mod (super mods?)who moderates the mods themselves. Some of the mods are an absolute joke and have totally hijacked and derailed my complaint. Is anyone going to look into this?
    the mod who deleted my posts for going off topic has totally dereailed my complaint now and gone way off topic himself having a good old laugh with other mods and generally taking the piss.
    Is something going to be done about this or not or not? If not id like to know why?

See here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055165217

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Super Moderators don't moderate feedback. It's one of the key things about that forum - it's for users to give feedback to the admins. Smods aren't seen as "higher" mods, just mods with more power. We don't specifically moderate the moderators, only the admins can do that.
    The trouble with posting in Feedback is that it's pretty much a free-for-all where the rest of the community can give feedback on your feedback. Everyone on feedback is just a user. There are no moderators.

If you have a complaint, the 1st port of call is the moderator themselves. The recommended second action is to start a thread here. Many people start a thread in Feedback, and get feedback from the rest of the community which they didn't want.

Feel free to summarise your complaint here and I'll take a look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭Jocksereire

Ok thanks Seamus. All im asking is for you to have a look at the thread above. I complained about the actions of mods on the thread posted above as i thought (advised by the mod in question )that is where i should make the complaint. Turns out its just a place for other mods to snigger and make smart comments that are totally irrelevent to the complaint.

I have reported 3 of the mods comments on there including the one of the mods i complained about in the initial thread who insists any "muppertry " on his form will receive swift action but then does nothing in the thread but "muppetry" himself in the complaint thread. Its just childish bad form and sets an example for everyone to take the piss, which when they do on other forums they will receive a ban for it from the very some mods.
    The mod Miju really isnt up to the job of moderating in my opinion.

Last week i was attacked with one person calling me a "big man" (http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...123377)
    Well in the context of what you posted, I believe it was a fair comment - you didn't clarify that you did it somewhere where it was safe and legal. It wasn't an attack, but it was quite snide.
    another criticising me "I notice, for example, that you didn't attack the lizard-believers about their dodgy levels of video-proof. This would suggest that the above-described video shoudl suffice, yes?
    I rest my case." (http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...8#post54102888)
    So because i didnt "attack" someone else which is happening alll the time on this forum by others who are allowed to as they share the same opinion as the Mods.
    I don't really understand what you're saying this is proof of, but I suspect it's just misunderstanding. The word "attack" in this context was not meant in the violent or vicious manner, more "so because you never questioned the lizard-believers...."
    Now i admit i have not been passive in my defence but i am the one to be punished for fighting fire with fire.Again more comments on other threads with regards to my beliefs were made rather than staying on topic and when i referred to it as "childish" i was the one who got a week ban! (http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...1#post54123271)
    To be fair, you got a warning for this post. It was your general pattern of behaviour that earned the week's ban. What you were doing was basically attacking people directly when they asked you legitimate questions, accusing them of not contributing to the thread and taking any remarks against your opinion personally.
    Whether or not the mods don't "allow" any opinions contrary to their's, you're quite hostile to alternative points of view yourself.
    In this thread above also i what i thought was trolling also with posts from Mordeth who is actually a Moderator too. He got a warning where as yesterday johnno85 got a permenant ban for trolling from Miju.
    Now i have had not 1 but 2 posts by Miju deleted when i asked him to clarify Trolling as it goes unpunished on other threads by people who share similar opinions as them. He deleted BOTH my posts and sent me the following email
    Mordeth's moderator status is irrelevant except on his forums. There's a difference between "trolling" and questioning someone else bluntly. Mordeth can be on the edge at times, but he's usually asking a valid question.

From what I can see, you respond agressively to any post which questions your opinion. bonkey is particularly good at this, usually embarrassing the hell out of the recipient, but the last thing I would call bonkey's posts are "aggressive". Devastating, yes, but in a zen master kind of way.

It's only a week long ban. I would say that it's warranted to give you time to cool off and maybe watch how things normally go.

As for the feedback thread, I will say that people don't always get the correct response on feedback, but they always get the one they asked for.

OK a few points. I dont want to go round and round on this issue.
    as stated above the mods especially miju (the mod i made the complaint against) went off topic and just took the piss in my complaint thread. Now he states himself if this happens on his threads "muppetry" as he calls it, he will take swift action. This is hypocracy saying one thing and doing the complete opposite in another thread. He deleted 2 of my posts in a thread as he deemed it to be off topic but has no problem himself going off topic and taking the piss on others forums. IS there even a warning going to be issued?
    Mordeth was trolling if you look at the thread on the cia. he got a warning fair enough others got a permenant ban.
    Bonkey and others did not ask valid questions at all they made comments aimed at me not the topic such as the cia thread again. There were no legitimate questions asked

as stated above the mods especially miju (the mod i made the complaint against) went off topic and just took the piss in my complaint thread. Now he states himself if this happens on his threads "muppetry" as he calls it, he will take swift action. This is hypocracy saying one thing and doing the complete opposite in another thread. He deleted 2 of my posts in a thread as he deemed it to be off topic but has no problem himself going off topic and taking the piss on others forums. IS there even a warning going to be issued?
    miju is a moderator on his forum, he's not a moderator on feedback. His actions probably are hypocritical, but so be it, that's his failing. He's perfectly entitled to act the tit on other forums and accept whatever punishment gets dished out to him. If an admin decides that action is warranted on that thread, they'll take it. But they're usually pretty loose on feedback.
    Bonkey and others did not ask valid questions at all they made comments aimed at me not the topic such as the cia thread again. There were no legitimate questions asked
    They questioned your posts as far as I can see. That's what debate and discussion is about.

• Advertisement

ok i appreciate your time seamus thanks

Advertisement