Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Holy Half Deads on Outland

Options
  • 15-10-2007 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

Hello guys,
    ive been away from WoW for about 3months now and have lost a few members due to this. But im returning this friday and will be recruiting and inviting back my old members so we can continue to p*ss of the alliance in Duskwood and at the Deadwind pass route to Karazhan.
    Im just inviting any horde members of outland, who are guildless and looking for a fun, mess guild to whisper me Friday for an invite.

"What do we do?":
    We do raids on capital cities, but instead of going for the kings and queens, we hold a certain part of the city and defend it for as long as possible against alliance. E.G. In Ironforge we take the Battle Quater and gank anyone and everyone that we can, we hold vendor spots, shops and armouries, good fun when the alliance is outnumbering you 6-1.
    We also raid smaller cities and towns.
    Set up ambush'z.
    Pull mobs into lowbie areas.
    Arena.
    PvP Battlegrounds
    But alot of the time we explore glitches and exploits, e.g. jumping under 10K Needles.

The purpose of the guild is for those of us who cant find the time to raid and for those of us who dont like raiding. Its a guild made for fun and to relax after a hard days work/school/whateva. Also we have some really nice members and its a great way to make friends who share the same bloodlust as you. There are no real rules to the guild, You wont get kicked for not being online, as i said its just a fun guild.

If your intrested in joining, just whisper me or mail me 'FAYLUM' for an invite and i will invite you to our glorious guild. I will be online this Friday 19th of oct.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

basically your a guild of ganking noobs

and im horde : /

only cause allies are noob that these guilds exist, on my server we quickly crush guilds like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

Faylum wrote: »
    But alot of the time we explore glitches and exploits, e.g. jumping under 10K Needles.

Omg, where can I sign up...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

Guilds like this often contain low skilled players in blue or worse gear who are simply not good enough at the game to raid. You may claim to do this for fun, but lets face it. You'd prefer to be raiding and getting decent gear. The Guild name is pretty rubbish by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

Jeez, much better having a laugh and enjoying the game instead of grinding away to get Teh Epixxx.
    If I had a 60+ on the served I'd give you a shout, but no chance of me leveling another toon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

There are a-lot of people who dont have the time to spend to get great gear. And a guild like this would suit-them. There are all differint types of wow players.

Just cause the guild does not meet your needs ( Binomate ) there is no need to slate him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Faylum

Thx, BAD.

Well just to let anyone still intrested in joing know, i've left The Holy Half Deads and started a new guild, since ive lost GM status and its now past to an inactive person. The guild name is "A Bunch Of Gankers". And before you try get it in, If you change the "G" to a "W" you get what i was going for.

TBH i really dont like Raiding instances because i find it boring and annoying since you could do loads of raids and still be outbidded on gear that only makes you "LOOK" like someone skilled. I will agree that the gear you get from BT, SSC and hyjal all look mint, they still dont make people that are poorly skilled look any better than they were. And i will also admit that it gives them a higher chance to kill you, i just see this as a bigger challange.
    Also my gear is the best you can get, altho i still need to properly gem it up, but its the best you can get without raiding and most my guild will be the same. Heres a look: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Outland&n=Faylum

Anyway i have a thread on the outland forums with the full details if anyone is intrested: http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=1296410064&sid=1

I know most of you enjoy raiding so i wont try change your mind, i just can't understand how you could play this game without taking atleast a few days to relax from grinding or raiding by going ganking. Yea, its gotta be annoying for the lowbies you go killing but when i was leveling up the very same thing happened to me. Plus i see it as them lowbies we p*ss of will lvl to 70 and form a new generation of gankers that will do the same to us, creating better amusement for us gankers. Its just a big part of this game as raiding yet you decide not to do it. Most people, even people that dont like ganking can realise that a group of friends, just messing around, can be alot more fun and far funnier than anything that goes on in a raid.
    You can't deny that!

But each to their own!

Faylum wrote: »
    Thx, BAD.

Well just to let anyone still intrested in joing know, i've left The Holy Half Deads and started a new guild, since ive lost GM status and its now past to an inactive person. The guild name is "A Bunch Of Gankers". And before you try get it in, If you change the "G" to a "W" you get what i was going for.

TBH i really dont like Raiding instances because i find it boring and annoying since you could do loads of raids and still be outbidded on gear that only makes you "LOOK" like someone skilled. I will agree that the gear you get from BT, SSC and hyjal all look mint, they still dont make people that are poorly skilled look any better than they were. And i will also admit that it gives them a higher chance to kill you, i just see this as a bigger challange.
    Also my gear is the best you can get, altho i still need to properly gem it up, but its the best you can get without raiding and most my guild will be the same. Heres a look: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Outland&n=Faylum

Anyway i have a thread on the outland forums with the full details if anyone is intrested: http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=1296410064&sid=1

I know most of you enjoy raiding so i wont try change your mind, i just can't understand how you could play this game without taking atleast a few days to relax from grinding or raiding by going ganking. Yea, its gotta be annoying for the lowbies you go killing but when i was leveling up the very same thing happened to me. Plus i see it as them lowbies we p*ss of will lvl to 70 and form a new generation of gankers that will do the same to us, creating better amusement for us gankers. Its just a big part of this game as raiding yet you decide not to do it. Most people, even people that dont like ganking can realise that a group of friends, just messing around, can be alot more fun and far funnier than anything that goes on in a raid.
    You can't deny that!

But each to their own!
    Raiders do all of that with superior gear and more. You are limited to doing only the ganking in shit gear because you are bad at the game.

Armory wrote:
    2v2
    Rating: 1462

3v3
    Rating: 1388

5v5
    Rating: 1496

Here is my point proven.

BadCharlie wrote: »
    There are a-lot of people who dont have the time to spend to get great gear. And a guild like this would suit-them. There are all differint types of wow players.

Just cause the guild does not meet your needs ( Binomate ) there is no need to slate him.
    That's rubbish. Anyone in the game can get good gear at this stage. Everything since the Burning Crusade was released has been orientated towards making it easier for the casual players to get decent gear. Everything from craftables, to heroics, to Arenas, to the new honor system, to the raid instance sizes. It has never been easier in this game to get your character pimped out in full epics with minimum effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

^ Yeah whatever, just go raid then. Enough of this "Holier than thou" defecation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

You still don't understand Binomate. Faylum in the first post outlined what he likes in the game & what he gets up to. And here you come along talking about epics and if you dont have epics your sh*t.

Lets just face it your a muppet!

Sorry, I don't bother reading posts from people who can't yet distinguish between the use of "You're" and "Your".

• Advertisement

Binomate you've just proved how him right, now plz stop ruining a thread with your spam.
    I started the thread to get some English and Irish horde players on outland to join a fun guild. Had you read what i said then there would be no need for all your hateful crap.

The more you talk, the more self-righteous bullsh*t comes outa you're mouth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

zerging duskwood > all

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Binomate wrote: »
    Sorry, I don't bother reading posts from people who can't yet distinguish between the use of "You're" and "Your".
    Thats an amazing talent you have there...

Checking grammar without reading a post. You could have a bright future, correcting Junior Cert papers!

And oh noes, I made a grammar mistake! Use your amazing powers of deduction!

On topic, as a fairly hardcore raider, I can honestly say it's been months since I raided any non-instance. I can imagine it being fun, but as I moved all my 60+'s off of Outland, I'm afraid that's as far as my interest goes :p

Good luck with it all.

where'd you go and why?:eek:

I moved to Hellscream to play with some buddies from work. Since moved my mage to Terenas to do Arenas with some other friends from work ;)

Sou: PewPew
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Terenas&n=Sou

Enara: QQ
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Hellscream&n=Enara

Plus with Verm gone and Haske and Arma and a bunch of others and me not getting on the best with Maylar and Muin, I figured it was time to depart...

I know I know the name, I just cant remember the character name...
    It was a priest of some description, starting with a D or something? Arent you swedish? :p

[Edit]
    Drakkar, thats it, yeah? Please? Dont make me be wrong :o

Its funny though, cos there is a warlock in Caang called Drak and he is equally awesome... oh please let you be Drakkar... oh the embarassment!

Oh and any idea whatever happened to iitoe?
    and finally, tell Morb I said hi? ;)
    [/edit]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

Oooh so close.

We miss you Sou!

If you are in Dublin, we're doing a night out today (Friday) so you might see some of the oldies.

Iitoe is in London, and still posts on the guild forum, Morbidus is still on the go and Arma is back playing an alt at the moment so not sure what she's at.

Apparently Drakar means dragon in swedish so I get alot of people thinking Im swedish.

AH SHÍT!

Lousey timing! I'm living in dublin, but going home for my nieces christening tomorrow! :(

If only there was more warning, I could have gone home tomorrow but the parents made plans for tonight and I'm all sleep deprived :(

PM me if there is another one or I'll log on and cut your e-peen off!!

Arma is back, not much of a shocker that, she was always a fickle one...

Horsefumbler must be horse then, did I geddit, did I?!

I miss morb and haske and kaz and drak and iitoe and scanda and castie and that shaman and hunter who I liked to poke and make fun of and Arma in concentrated doses :p Muin is scary though and maylar is mean... not sure I'd like to put faces to names :p

And I knew you werent swedish as I remembered talking to you on boards and everyone knows swedes cant use complex computer systems, like boards :p

Though poor horsefumbler... I sure fumbled that one!

Aieeeee... I need to stop now.

nah i'm alliance on outland man ;)

Oh the shame...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

What a tit.

You say that raiding doesnt improve your skill yet your arena ratings are piss poor. Im probably the worlds worst pvper but my ratings are better than that.

I hate to break this to you but setting up "ambush'z" hardly qualifies you as the most skilled player on the server.

What ive never understood about "Skilled World PvPers" like this is why they insist on raiding cities where noone really cares or wants to fight when theres areas like nagrand and hellfire with pvp objectives there to fight over constantly.

PS, your gear is all over the place. You seem to want to pvp yet you have only 2 pvp items and your pve gear that your wearing could be improved.

• Advertisement

Ah, hear ye, hear ye, the mighty dustaz has spoken!

Ye Olde tits, what dont want to use crappy gimmick world PvP encounters that generally are stacked in one side's favour are henceforth to be known as "tits". And ye time wasters, which harass and demoralise ye're opponents by trying to actively engage in PvP in capital cities need to L2p.

Oh and only skilled arena pvp'ers have any credibility when it comes to PvP!

What amazing gems of wisdom can you gather from my armoury profile, oh wise one?

*Translation*
    Grow-up, Hellfire sucks, Halaa is almost always 20 vs. 3, Terrokar forest is invariably always ninja'd, Zangarmarsh is... wait, there is some kind of fangled world pvp thingy there too, right? And Azeroth world pvp is kek!

And you dont have to be great (good) at BG's/Arenas to want to do world pvp, to enjoy it and want to ask more if they would like to join.

Ivan wrote: »
    A
    Grow-up, Hellfire sucks, Halaa is almost always 20 vs. 3, Terrokar forest is invariably always ninja'd, Zangarmarsh is... wait, there is some kind of fangled world pvp thingy there too, right? And Azeroth world pvp is kek!

So halaa being 20vs3 isnt fun,. but oneshotting lvl 20's IS fun. Ehhh..

The simple and blatant truth in evidence on all servers, be they pvp or pve is that really, not many people actually like world pvp.

If there was a lot of people who liked it, it would happen a lot more.

Not a month goes by without Skilled PVPers trying to rekindle the "spirt of southshore/Tarren Mill" in some sort of misguided world pvp effort.

SS/TM Existed PURELY because of the honour system and the rewards on offer. That situation did not exist before the honour system and it stopped the instant that BG's were introduced.

If people actually enjoyed that type of thing on a regular basis, then there would be more people doing it. But there isnt. Oh well.

Halaa isnt fun if you are the 3 vs. 20 and not so much fun on the 20 side either as you might barely see the 3 before they get mauled, but still its something.

Ganking level 20's is strangely satisfying, but more so when they log on their mains or some level 70's do come.

Otherwise though, I agree that World PvP was ignited by PvP but I was playing WoW since EU Beta and I can tell you that Southshore/TM pvp existed long before honour was introduced. It was encouraged by honour and it was certainly exaggerated due to honour and it was because of BG's and honour that it ceased but world pvp/raiding IS fun, especially when an opposing side forms to beat you back as happens in the majority of cases.

I can remember raiding darnassus at 37 and getting stomped by Ancient protectors. And when, ugh, his name escapes me, the warrior who leveled to 70 naked, hit 70 they had a party on the server where a bunch of naked (mostly level 1's) "raided" darnassus and had a blast in the process.

Seriously, there are niche groups out there who seek fun in a non-mainstream way and just because you disagree with the idea or the motivation or the execution, it is no reason to begrudge them their attempt.

[Edit]
    Gutrot, thats the warriors name. We have screenshots on our giuld forums after a load of us took part ;)
    [/edit]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Joseph

To be perfectly honest, and this is not reflecting on your GM skills as such. But I often find these sort of 'fun' guilds are not fun at all, and often die out within a few months..

Ivan wrote: »
    Halaa isnt fun if you are the 3 vs. 20 .....
    Ganking level 20's is strangely satisfying

Theres the basic problem i have with the World PvP types.

Otherwise though, I agree that World PvP was ignited by PvP but I was playing WoW since EU Beta and I can tell you that Southshore/TM pvp existed long before honour was introduced. It was encouraged by honour and it was certainly exaggerated due to honour

Ive been playing since US beta (and my knob is quite possibly more massive than yours!) and i dont remember a time before the honor system that hillsbrad wasnt anything more than a more intense version of STV.

I should probably make it clear that i would probably enjoy world pvp in a different game, i just would have thought that everyone has realised by now that wow just isnt really set up for it.

Now if there was some sort of DotA mmo, god that would be pvp heaven :)

I loved PvP'ing in STV when I was there with my druid at 30-40. I dont think I had a more fun time. Prowling around with track, ganking a few people all at my level and having my heart in my mouth when their higher level friends would come help or when a few of them would gang up to fight back.

I find people are much more inclined to PvP when they have the advantage. The amount of times people would run away from me when it was them versus me, but as soon as there was 2 or 3 of them, it was on and that was when I had the most fun.

Likewise, attacking a main city is much more likely to draw the higher levels or other players out of the wood work, thus leading to fun.

Also, I dont see what your point is at quoting me out of context and then turning around and saying
    Theres the basic problem i have with the World PvP types.

I said 20vs. 3 isnt much fun either, but clearly its going to be more fun than 3vs 20 and ganking level 20's is always fun, since it is so satisfying but then I leveled up on a PvP server so I impose the image of the level 60 night elf rogue's that ganked me, over the face of every innocent level 20 I slaughter...

The fact is BG's dont quite cut it, World PvP efforts arent enough either, by your own admission... so how can you begrudge people for taking steps to create their own fun PvP?

The simple way to fix World PvP in WoW is not to make it more rewarding to do it, but more fun in doing it... you'd think Blizzard would have grasped that by now :(

P.s. I can quote out of context too ;)

LoL Dustaz i never said i've been active on my arena team, i love arena but cant do it due to the random times each member gets on. Could arrange a time but my position on the PC which is Horsey's, is never final. So if i only get 1hr to 2hrs, i try to do the most fun thing to me and the people i play with. But you are right most "Fun" guilds do split up after a few months, yet as strange as it is my guild has kept almost everyone of the active gankers that i made friends with since i began it. So to me its not just about Arena where the max amount of players you can play with are 5, nor is it about doing a boring pvp bg premade, where your limited to just a small map to plan your attacks, but it is about grouping up with my guild and doing something all members even low levels can relate to. I may not be a good GM, and im very bad at karazhan tactics and stuff but when it comes to having fun with friends and strangers, and making sure each member is made to feel important while also enjoying the game after months of questing, grinding and heroics, i think im pretty good! I never slat'd anyone for raiding, i merly said its not my cup of tea, im not good at leading them and i dislike running raids constantly only to be outbidded, or unlucky with drops.

But what i cant understand is why people always get angrey when someone talks about ganking?
    I mean its not like you and your imba gear'd alliance char has anything to worry about, right? I mean apparently im so poorly gear'd that you shouldn't need to make me feel bad about what i enjoy doing?

The main purpose of raiding pvp outdoor is that you never know when you might meet your match. The whole randomness of who you fight and how many you fight is what makes me enjoy it so much. Ok we all know theres no skill in killing lowbies, but when you kill a lowbie 3-4 times sooner or later he'll get a 70 to come and help him out, then you camp the 70 and within a few mins you have his mates and guild fighting you. Its the same on both sides, we use lowbies, your lowbies, to lure out higher lvl's.

B*tch at me and judge me all you want but I and many like me, enjoy doing this more than anything else in the game. So live with it, and enjoy doing what you pay for most!

*end of*

Dustaz wrote: »
    If there was a lot of people who liked it, it would happen a lot more.

LoL, where do you be all the time?

Where ever i am in Azeroth there is alliance or horde ganking and outdoor pvping. Why last night when i was lvling my lowbie warrior an alliance guild was raiding Orgrimar, then when i was in UC a few mins before there was a gnome party in the back entrance.

Maybe it happens all the time and since your a pve raider you never get to see it. When was the last time you were in STV, Ashenval or Crossroads? maybe you might take a lil journey there next friday and see what the alliance and horde are up to?!

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Dubhthamlacht

[edit]
    Plus with Verm gone and Haske and Arma and a bunch of others and me not getting on the best with Maylar and Muin, I figured it was time to depart...

[/edit]

oh really? can't see why you didn't get along with me as I never ever seen you online :) haske and arma left as the guild was in free fall due to lack of interest from the majority of the guild towards raiding e.g. only managing 2 25 man raids in a month. I still get on well with them. Maylar quit ages ago

• Advertisement

Before I left I was the most active player in the guild so... ;)

Had to do with the fact that I was unemployed for 9 months and had 100% attendance, but hey, faraway hills and all that? :p

Advertisement