Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summons for no tax

• 15-10-2007 1:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

I got stopped for not displaying tax back in march, I was flustered and scared as the two police officers asked me to step out of car and then searched it and asked me loads of questions. I had recently moved house (that week) so when they asked for my address i gave the one on my licence (which he had in hand) so not to complicate things more.
    They eventually let me go and I put it all to the back of my mind, with the move to a new town etc i totally forgot it.

I have now recieved a summons forwarded from my old house by the new owners. I am due up in court for not displaying tax. I am guessing a fine went to old house which i never recieved and now i have got this summons.

I am not trying to get off with anything but am terrified of what will happen when i get to court. I am 24 female and really need my car for work and am also 2 months pregnant which means i need car more.

will my car be taking of me.

what will happen in court?

has anyone else been here before?

what will i say???

thanks in advance

vonny

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭grumpytrousers

Only advice anybody here will give you is that you should go to a solicitor.

As a general rule, if the car one drives is genuinely taxed and insured at the time it is stopped then nothing that serious should happen in court. Slap on the wrist might be the outcome for non-display, but as long as one can provide documentary evidence that the car was legit on the day and that there's a genuine mistake/mix-up then it's not a hanging offence...

Advertisement