Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Apartment Floor Area much undersize

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Personally , in a falling market and if I'd bought off the plan , i'd back out. Surely you have grounds to render the contract null and void as you havent got what you paid for? (that said Bertie and his Builder's Party buddies probably have the law on their side ..this is Ireland after all)

Its not like there is a shortage of properties in Ireland for sale at the moment after all.

I suspect you are going to just decide what you want from this and ask your solicitor if you are entitled to this in the law, anything anyone says here really not something I'd consider rock solid evidence one way or the other. People on bulletin boards will argue the time of day..just the way it is.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭Kipperhell

They spoke about this on the radio before and it seems pretty straight forward.

1. Planning application on the scale of size will not be detailed enough to state accurately internal dimensions prior to construction.
    2. SDCC development plan is a guide only and not legal requirements to build a certain size
    3.The brochure has absolutely no legal standing with regard to property

Effectively property is governed by a whole other set of buying laws different to regular consumer law. You legal representative is meant to investigate and state everything clearly to you before the purchase. If he hasn't explained the square footage issue to you get another one as this guy is leading you down a path that will cost you money

All the mention of because of the current market the buyer has magical powers of negotiation is just silliness. When a music shop has a sale to clear stock they don't reduce all the chart albums too. The property market has always worked as it does now and it remains buyer beware.

robt wrote: »

I have paid my full deposit, and i need to get this apartment, but i just think it is grossly unfair to lose 6 square metres, and have an apartmant below the size in the development plan, considering the difficulty i have had to go through to actually buy it.

Any advice much appreciated, i am seriously worried.

Thank You.:confused:

Hey there. As you may know there is a bit of a lull period in the market now. There have been many other cases of people treatening to back out of properties bought off plans with some good results. See if you can get an accurate valutation of the property from a third party. Anecdotaly some firends in the business tell me apartments are barely moving these days.
    If the valuation returns lower than you bought it for that is another stick to beat the developers with.
    You may find unfortunaly in the current climate if there are more phases to be sold that there is a good possibility they will go for cheaper money. Good luck!

Advertisement