Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Structure of Region > East fora

Options
  • 15-10-2007 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭

I see that the new Dublin 15 forum has been created (congrats to those who voted for it; I personally thought Dublin West was a better idea, but there you go :)) & is now a sub-forum of Dublin County North. This has lead to the Dublin County North & South fora becoming sub-fora of themselves. The forum structure is now as follows:

Region
    --> East
    ----> Dublin City
    ----> Dublin County North
    > Dublin 15
    > Dublin County North
    ----> Dublin County South
    > Dublin County South

Could I respectfully suggest that Dublin City would be a more appropriate parent forum for Dublin 15? This would also allow the Dublin County North & South return to their former positions just one level down from the East forum.

I know, I know - I've little to be thinking about if that's the only issue I have worth posting in Feedback. :o
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I concur.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

That D15 should really be a West Dublin forum.

/hindsight.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

I've asked the other admins about this, because it doesn't make sense to me either ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 78,421 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Why not just have them all at the same level - its a little silly having only one or two forums niched in another. It makes more sense with 4+.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Terry wrote: »
    That D15 should really be a West Dublin forum.

/hindsight.

Not wanting to blow my own trumpet or anything, but who first suggested a "West Dublin" forum in request thread as a happy medium? :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Hill Billy wrote: »
    Not wanting to blow my own trumpet or anything, but who first suggested a "West Dublin" forum in request thread as a happy medium? :p
    I've no idea.
    I never read the D15 request thread, although it might have been a good idea to add to your suggestion.

Terry wrote: »
    I've no idea.
    I never read the D15 request thread, although it might have been a good idea to add to your suggestion.
    I suggested it in the original forum request thread way back when...
    Anyway, D15 is what was asked for & D15 is what was given. There was a whole big debate about D15 v Dublin West in the thread. Went on for months. Not a pretty sight.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Suggested structure:

Region
    -> East
    > Dublin
    > Dublin County North
    > Dublin City
    > Dublin West
    > Dublin County South

That's my suggestion. Lucan, Clondalkin, Tallaght and Blanchardstown have no real common ground with the likes of Swords or Dundrum Or Dun Laoghaire.

It would tidy up and make more logical the Dublin forum structure.

While I agree wholeheartedly Slow Coach - I had been trying to stay away from the whole 'Dublin 15 v Dublin West' debate. That's more suited to the 'Forums' forum. I just like to see a more straightforward & usable structure to the menus. The content is another matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Hill Billy wrote: »

And not to blow my own trumpet but who first suggested a West Dublin forum BEFORE the Dublin 15 forum was suggested? :p

Link ;)

Link2

EDIT: Okay, I first suggested a Lucan/West Dublin forum but I think the West Dublin idea has legs :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Despite claims to the contrary, there are a lot of personal trumpets being tooted in this thread.

Pighead wrote: »
    Despite claims to the contrary, there are a lot of personal trumpets being tooted in this thread.

Hey I'm a married man now, this is the closest I'm gonna get to having my trumpet tooted. Don't ruin it for me porcinecranium! :(

As the D15 forum is now a sub-forum of Dublin County West (a much better place indeed) - can the intermediate Dublin County North 'placeholder' forum be removed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Which makes no sense as Dublin 15 is part of dublin city as the fact it has a D (numeric) post code points to this.

Ask the powahs that be to stick it under Dublin then.

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Which makes no sense as Dublin 15 is part of dublin city as the fact it has a D (numeric) post code points to this.

Most of Dublin West would then also comes under 'the city' as it has a D postcode...all of this rubbish will hopefully change when they introduce proper postcodes in Ireland :)

The problem with identifying the regions according to electoral boundaries is that over the years boundaries change. So that won't work.

I prefer to think of Dublin City as D1-D12. Calling anything beyond that 'the City' is verging on the ridiculous, but maybe that's because my Dad is from D1 and when he ventured as far as Islandbridge as a child he thought he had moved deep into the sticks :)

I like the current format, with Dublin City represented as a small area, Dublin County North, Dublin County South and Dublin County West. D15 is fine where it is imo but could also go into Dublin County North...but certainly not Dublin City!

• Registered Users Posts: 78,421 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Thaedydal wrote: »
    D24 - Tallaght isn't in the city.

I see no problem with D15 being at an equal level as the rest of the forums.

Advertisement