Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gerry Ryan's On Air Shameless Support for The Fianna Fail Party

• 15-10-2007 1:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭

has anyone else noticed this or is it just me?????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭grahamo

He's a complete asshole!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

cant say ive noticed, and im not a fianna fail woman at all, but i think Gerry beats Ray Darcy hands down, its a girl thing i'd say. He's the housewives choice ;).

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

grahamo wrote: »
    He's a complete asshole!

Yep , I've had him in my car and totally agree .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

sharkman wrote: »

Not going to touch it.

Gerry's great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

well just listen closely when anything comes up about bertie and his cronies
    you can see why they win elections with suttle propaganda being pumped into housewives from 9-12 everyday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Oh is that when his show is on?

Thanks for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭juuge

has anyone else noticed this or is it just me?????
    Like so many in RTE he's passed his sell-by date. The best thing to do is NOT listen to 2fm. Why give him oxygen by drawing attention to him. The listeners from his popular years in the eighties have all grown up and the young people today are far too sophisticated for that type of radio. Just watch programmes like 'the panel' to see what the audience of 2007 want as entertainment.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

sharkman wrote: »

many visions flash in my head:confused:..........what do u mean......u gave him a lift?...listened to him on the car radio??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

I see a flabby marble arse pressed against the side window:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

I'm glad somebody else noticed this. My missus thinks I'm the only one as I hold Ryan and Ahern in equal esteem, ( something that rhymes with tosser, oh yeah, tosser ). During the Tribunal it was cringe inducing listening to Ryan trying to drum up the sympathy vote.
    As you may have inferred, other half is not so discerning so drop kicking the radio down the garden is not an option.

• Advertisement

It will be interesting to see how he handles the latest 'gubberment' pay hikes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Its "Gubb'ment"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭The Chessplayer

Gerry's rolling in it - he's a toff from the Northside. Kind of man who rants while stuffing his face...bits of food gushing out the corners of his mouth. He's got this creepy edge to him - forever going on about large-breasted women in the newspapers, and defending anything that Bertie does. Not that he's a rampant FFer (although he probably is) - just that he admires the no-nonsense swagger and affront that Bertie Ahern exhibits towards the tribunals etc. Gerry Ryan's from the school of backslapping.

Still though, he's better than that beanpole Tubridy or that Ray D'Arcy twerp.

Its "Gubb'ment"
    Of course it is - sorry about that !
    He's a great example to us all for only 240k per year.

Gerry's rolling in it - he's a toff from the Northside. Kind of man who rants while stuffing his face...bits of food gushing out the corners of his mouth. He's got this creepy edge to him - forever going on about large-breasted women in the newspapers, and defending anything that Bertie does. Not that he's a rampant FFer (although he probably is) - just that he admires the no-nonsense swagger and affront that Bertie Ahern exhibits towards the tribunals etc. Gerry Ryan's from the school of backslapping.

Don't forget about that other bloke... Twink!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

I think the Irish Radio landscape is dull and stale for the most part.

As for Gerry well, hes spends most of his time going on aobut what hes done and who he has met.. I dont know how many times I have heard him talking about his legal background... what background ;) but why would he bother, would he not try and just have more interesting people as guests as his experiences are what in fact put me off listening ! :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 883 ✭✭✭moe_sizlak

agree with everything youve said , gerry is a cheap whore who knows not to upset powefull people , he comes across as some sort of vulgar socilite most of the time and if you noticed anytime he interviews someone famous , even he knows nothing much about them , hes fawning all over them in his gushing praise , he likes to potray himself as being anti establishment , a little edgy and someone who sticks it to the man but hes about as leafy suburb as it can possibley get

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭mrgalway

The word arsehole pretty much sums Gerry up:(

mrgalway wrote: »
    The word arsehole pretty much sums Gerry up:(

Saw him in west cork over the weekend and he's gross, like an inflated brian cowan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭dodgyme

juuge wrote: »
    Saw him in west cork over the weekend and he's gross, like an inflated brian cowan.

ah dont be mean. Gerry is a very good broadcaster (no pun on broad .. now stop it)

• Advertisement

dodgyme wrote: »
    ah dont be mean. Gerry is a very good broadcaster (no pun on broad .. now stop it)
    Apparently he had an arsehole transplant recently, but I heard later that the arsehole rejected him !

Advertisement