Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Veronica's MOCO, free sms, trustworthy?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

stay well away from anythin Veronica, they stole my credit. As soon as I topped up by €10, they would take €8. I would ring them and be told I wasn't a subscriber. If I asked for a manager they would say "he's not here".

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

I'd trust them with the number of someone i hate but not my own

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

they are premium rate provider and free texts are dependant on you pre-subscribing and they empty your credit and run! i wouldn't do that to worst enemy as they are impossible to get a refund from as in uk. but it is easy to cancel these services you just reply "stop" to the original premium text

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

After the first week Veronicas MoCo costs just 2.50 euro per week for unlimited content at 60c each

How odd.

Its really only unlimited if you have a money tree isn't it? You only get unlimited content if you give them unlimited money. Are they allowed say something is unlimited if you pay for every unit of it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

vc - for only €10 per month you can buy unlimited lollipops at €3 each. How does that not make perfect sense? :D

**** knows .. premium SMS should have some sort of proper verificaiton service in place and should be opt in from the pov of the networks allowing people to charge you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

just to confirm the overwhelming statements made by posters thus far - i used them for one text when i was out of credit - ended up costing me circa €20

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Tarakiwa

Keep away ....... unless you are loaded & dont mind getting rid of a load of cash!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

foggy_lad wrote: »
    they are premium rate provider and free texts are dependant on you pre-subscribing and they empty your credit and run! i wouldn't do that to worst enemy as they are impossible to get a refund from as in uk. but it is easy to cancel these services you just reply "stop" to the original premium text

"stop" is not in their language. I rang the several times, they always told me "yeah I've unsubscribed you now" and I'd top up half an hour later and it'd all be gone within minutes.

Nala wrote: »
    "stop" is not in their language. I rang the several times, they always told me "yeah I've unsubscribed you now" and I'd top up half an hour later and it'd all be gone within minutes.

http://www.regtel.ie/

here's the scam's bebo page:
    http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=3457210787

in the video she says her blog explains the cost. it doesn't

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 djgarvey123

these scam artists have taken over 50 euro off me so far. i cant even reply to text stop cos they dont go to my sms inbox. pricks, cant wait till i put a stop to this..

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Tarakiwa

Stay away!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

these scam artists have taken over 50 euro off me so far. i cant even reply to text stop cos they dont go to my sms inbox. pricks, cant wait till i put a stop to this..
    ADAPTED FROM BEBO....

Veronica’s Bebo Wiget costs just €3.00 per week. This is a subscription service. First Week's subscription is NOT CHARGED.To Cancel, send STOP to 57030 for IRL.

These services make my life hell, between customers saying there robbing my credit and somehow we get the blame. I despise these 57*** numbers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 casimir23

For those of you who have been ripped off, why don't you place a complaint with Regtel? Once you do, you will find that the SMS provider suddenly remembers how to unsubscribe you.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭deereidy

foggy_lad wrote: »

Yeah,I found their flashy website there and how to unsubscribe, you text STOP to 57030. Found I didn't have enough credit to send the stop message because they took it all. Dispicable

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

deereidy wrote: »
    Yeah,I found their flashy website there and how to unsubscribe, you text STOP to 57030. Found I didn't have enough credit to send the stop message because they took it all. Dispicable

If you feel you they have done something wrong you can use regtel who monitor premium services: http://regtel.ie/unsubscribe.php

They cant give you a refund but they can help if you were charged when you shouldn't have.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭Joe Public

Thanks to this forum I nearly made the mistake and signed up to Veronicasmoco. After reading these posts I'm glad now I didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭extremehalo

I got a couple of unsolicited texts of this crowd last night when I was asleep,

First from 'FreeMSg' giving details of my pin and where to log on saying users get the first week free

Second /Third from '353863833375' saying i didn't enter my pin online to get 600 free sms for €2.50 it says text stop to 57030 to unsubscribe reply with Text to join VeronicasMoco

I presume seeing as I have not signed up for anything or even heard of this site before hand I wont reply to anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

I presume seeing as I have not signed up for anything or even heard of this site before hand I wont reply to anything?

I wouldn't do anything for the moment, but if you get more, get on to them about why you are receiving them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭extremehalo

Davy wrote: »
    I wouldn't do anything for the moment, but if you get more, get on to them about why you are receiving them

Did'nt reply thankfully, I got the same texts messages the following evening around the same time again and as since stopped.

They must be sending out messages to random numbers in hope of luring more people to sign up and waste credit! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,496 ✭✭✭✭guil

easiest way to stop them is ring ur provider
    i think they can put a bar on ur account

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Got the exact same crap today. I have never, and will never, use a subscription servicel like this so I don't know where the hell they're getting my number from other than random targetting.
    What provisions are in place to block them - I don't trust ringing them up would make a bit of difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭danwhite88

i signed onto this a while back and cancelled my subscription before the week was up and everything was grand no credit takin from my phone so today i decided to sign back up and cancell my subscription tonight.

Advertisement