Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Meteor are useless

• 15-10-2007 2:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭

I switched over to Meteor from O2 the other day. The girl in the shop said if I topped up by 20 euro I could use their "Phone a friend for free" service and I could text other Meteor numbers for free. First of all it took 24 hours for anyone to be able to get through to me and now I am getting charged for the supposedly free calls and texts even though I sent the texts to sign up for these deals to the number the girl gave me. I topped up by another 20 euro this morning to see if that would fix things (I thought maybe you have to top up after you sign up for the offers) and I am still getting charged. My Text TopUp with AIB has stopped working.
    On top of all this my signal is crap and I spend most of my phone calls saying "Hello, can you hear me".

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,143 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Have you considered calling meteor? Their number is 1905.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭prendy

im having the same problem...have the free calls but not texts.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,209 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Signed up to Meteor earlier and applied for free txts. Topped up by 20eur but sent a txt there and i'm still being charged. I'll give it a couple of days, if i'm still being charged ill be phoning them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 171 ✭✭7.Ronaldo

Once you have subscribed to PAFFF(Phone a Friend For Free) and subscribed to the Free Meteor to Meteor text messages then you will have both of these promotions as soon as you top up by €20 in one go. If you have done so and are still not receiving you're promotions then you need to contact Meteor on 1905 and make them aware of this. If you have done everything correctly on your end and you've still been charged then I'm sure Meteor will backdate these charges.

It normally takes around 2 hours to port a number but this depends on when the port is requested. Porting isn't available 24/7 so if you've requested your port outside of the porting hours then it could take a little bit longer. Porting can be a very complicated process and Ive seen it take a lot longer than 24 hours in the past.

If your having coverage issues then what you need to do is test your SIM card in another Meteor handset. If you're having the same issues then you need to get a replacement SIM card to see if it makes any difference. Depending on what part of the country your in you could try manually selecting the Vodafone network to see if this boosts your coverage at all because Meteor have a national roaming agreement with Vodafone so Meteor customers can roam onto they're network in areas where Meteor have poor network coverage, theres no extra charge for this and the rates and offers are exactly as they would be if you were logged onto a Meteor mast, theres no difference(apart from the improved coverage). If it doesn't then It would probably be in your best interest to move to a network provider that has good coverage in your particular area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Meteor have their own text top up. Dial 1740 to set it up. You need a laser or credit card.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,944 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

To clarify.

Step 1: Text the following: FRIEND 08xxxxxxx NAME (where 08xxxxxxxx is their number and NAME is their first name) to 50104.

Step 2: After receiving a confirmation text, text FREE TEXT to 50104.

Step 3: After receiving a second confirmation text, top up by 20e. Wait approx 20 mins for the offer to activate. If you encounter any problems with the confirmation texts, ring 1905 who can actually do something about it, rather than complaining on an online board. Make sure you ring 1905 BEFORE you put in your credit if there is a problem.

Advertisement