Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where to find togher industrial estate

Options
  • 15-10-2007 2:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭

the gowls in an post were holding something i ordered online; when i emailed them with the receipt i specifically told them i'm unable to chase after it to any depot, and after recieving zero correspondance, i got a little note telling me to do just that.

this is pretty stupid. nobody seems to know what bus to get.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

Here is a map of the area, with Togher industrial estate is in the centre. The second attachment is an aerial image of where the post office is. As for the bus, check out Bus Eireann, the 3 and the 9 seems to go near that way but I'm no expert on Cork buses.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

you dont get a bus there tbh. you'll have to walk down poulladuff rd from the nearest no three stop. and the ****ers refuse to send stuff to your nearest post office to collect there.

best bet is to find a friend w/ a car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭corkstudent

neither 3 nor 9 went anywhere near there. was walking for hours to figure out how to get from where i was, I couldn't actually figure out how to get into the place. had to get a taxi there in the end, and back. ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Aspiration

We got a bus one day on patricks street and ended up in togher. Had to walk about 30 minutes when we got off because we got lost. It's a bloody nightmare.

If you can find which stop lets you off at turner's cross, that's the closest you'll get to the PO. It's ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Bogger77

you should be able to get it re-directed to a closer depot. I work in Little sland and I've called but northside and southside depots and got stuff sent out to littleisland sorting office for me to collect.

You can also, give another address to get the parcel delivered to, by returning the notice to the office, by post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Get the no. 14 from town. Get off in Togher, just before the flyover. Turn left and head up Tramore Road. At the Garda Station roundabout turn right. Continue and turn left at the small roundabout. Walkthrough the industrial estate on the right for about 800 metres.

It would be a nightmare and dangerous to get to on foot.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 treviesweets

Charco wrote: »
    Here is a map of the area, with Togher industrial estate is in the centre. The second attachment is an aerial image of where the post office is. As for the bus, check out Bus Eireann, the 3 and the 9 seems to go near that way but I'm no expert on Cork buses.

Thanks very much! Saved me a lot of hass!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

maybe you shouldve attached a motor to your swivel chair

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭lostinsuperfunk

UCC Pouladuff Park and Ride bus will drop you about 15 minutes' walk from it.
    Keep walking south (out of town) along the Pouladuff Road. After you cross the south ring overpass, there's a little pedestrian cut-through to your left which will save a few minutes. You emerge on to a slip road which you need to cross (might be dangerous as I'm not sure if there's a crossing).

I'm not sure about walking around there, but I think there are footpaths and some pedestrian crossings. The drivers probably ignore the crossings, but the traffic is usually near-stationary anyway so it doesn't matter.

Maybe this thread should be stickied? It seems to come up a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭wideangle

The easiest way to find it is get off the nearest bus stop to the church in Togher and walk down the riverside walk,(it starts at the side of the soccer pitches), till you go under the a overhead bridge the walk accross a short foot bridge the entrance to the estate is directly accross the way from you then.

• Advertisement

I need to go back again. I think I got the number 3 there from town last time but I forgot where I got it/which direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Bill-e

Tree wrote: »

best bet is to find a friend w/ a car.

God damn leechers! Get yer own car!

:/

Advertisement