Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Santry to host European X country 2009

• 15-10-2007 2:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,187 ✭✭✭✭

Santry demense will host the 2009 Euro X country. The course there is relatively flat parkland.

Date for the diary! Will Ireland mount a challenge? Britton for Gold! :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭Rineanna

Slow coach wrote: »
    Santry demense will host the 2009 Euro X country. The course there is relatively flat parkland.

Date for the diary! Will Ireland mount a challenge? Britton for Gold! :)

Great stuff!! Date for the diary is right!! I've been hoping for some sort of championships to come to Ireland, and now they are.

Ya, I'm going to second Britton for a medal (it's great being able to predict what form all our athletes will be in in two years time, never mind this year!:D). McGettigan and Cullen will want to put in a good show on home soil too so, you never know, we might just nab a medal!.

By that stage, the Ffrench O' Carrolls should be looking at nabbing the Junior Category medals too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭thirtyfoot

Its great news. The scary memory of Leopardstown is still there but I get the feeling that this will be a success.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 426 ✭✭DaveH

What was so bad about leopardstown?

Actually now that I think about it!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭Rineanna

I honestly can't remember what happened at Leopardstown; could someone oblige and tell me what happened?

It was dead. All spectators had to stay in the grandstand and you couldn't go out onto the course. Santry will be much better as I presume we'll be able to go where you want on the course.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

French o Carroll twins still eligible as juniors puts forward a gud case for junior team to do well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 426 ✭✭DaveH

Tingle wrote: »
    It was dead. All spectators had to stay in the grandstand and you couldn't go out onto the course. Santry will be much better as I presume we'll be able to go where you want on the course.

Yeah I remember that all too well. I was a stewart that day. Leopardstown race course wouldnt allow fans onto the course, so they were stuck in the grandstand.
    There was also terrible planning.
    The AAI had one poster of sonia with the solgan "watch the irish favourite"
    The first time I saw the Poster was in Leopardstown and one of the AAI commitee members(I always forget his name for some reason) said to me rather proudly...."What do you think of the poster?"
    I said something along the lines of it might have been an idea to put it up somewere!
    his reply was "well the public dont want this"
    I also asked about how come there was no sign postage to the World CC except one right at the front door of Leopardstown.
    reply..."Oh thats strange because we brought the AA in on that!!"
    I hope to god they do a better job with Euro CC.
    Considering I heard an Ex-BLE president tell me how they should bring back the complaining voolunatry stewarts.

The great thing about cross-country is being able to roam where you want and even move to two spots on the course to get a second glimpse of the leaders.

I'll always remember cross-country when younger there was always at least one demented parented running like a lunatic alongside their child, anorak blowing in the wind, shirt hanging out with a Dunnes Stores plastic bag in one hand and a flask bag over the other shoulder as they paced their child, testing the patience of the race announcer until he'd finally crack and announce that pacing is not allowed and anyone found doing could have their whole team disqualified. This would lead to the relevant club secretary haring over to the demented parent to get him to stop as young Josephine was well out of contention anyway and nowhere near 4th scorer. Haven't been at juvenile cross-country in a while, does this still happen?

Advertisement