Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Texts from strangers

• 15-10-2007 3:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭

For the past couple of months I have been receiving texts from strangers relating to football training, miffed lovers, foreign language etc. These are bona fide messages intended for others. They have come from at least 15 different numbers and I am also aware of others receiving the exact message from the same numbers. I am on O2 billpay. I called O2 but they are not aware of a network issue. Wonder if anyone else has experienced this recently ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭dmn

not really similar but i received a text from someone a few weeks ago and they claimed that my number came on their simcard along with the meteor service numbers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Weird, I kept getting someone in Hungary calling me for some reason. I never answered but why the hell would they be trying to call me?

I also got someone from Hungary calling me from an Irish mobile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

brim4brim wrote: »
    Weird, I kept getting someone in Hungary calling me for some reason. I never answered but why the hell would they be trying to call me?

I also got someone from Hungary calling me from an Irish mobile.

Maybe , just maybe they want to talk to you !!! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

I used to get that from a chap called "Conor". he used to send me texts, including ring tones and picture messages. He also used to send me texts arranging to meet me in pubs and such.

He phoned me one day, I recognized the number so answered. I told him I didn't know any Conors, he then told me he didn't know any Pauls (in an aggressive tone). I asked him to delete the number he had and such. I got messages for a few more weeks and then it stopped.

I think it was a wrong number but it was rather odd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

My personal favourite was I had some random woman texting me giving out to me for texting her husband.

Thing was I didn't have a notion who she was and she didn't tell me what number I was supposedly texting. SO I told her the only person I'd been texting was my father. Cat among the pigeons much.

You may just have a similar number to someone OP, I know at home my mother reguarly gets phonecalls for the local AIB on the home phone and for a taxi company on her mobile.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I remember getting a text once along the lines of "Hey hw r u? Jst txtin randm nmbrs LOL!"

I didn't respond.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

i used to go bluejacking 'round london

one time this gurl started texting me, then she called me. chatted away to me for about 4 minutes before she realised i wasnt the person she thought i was.

i loled. good times :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

had some woman called nicola ring me the other night askin if i remembered her from thee other night insisting we had met etc... :eek: she sounded very femenine, dont think she'd be my type :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭dosfromclare

well it seems that after a bit of investigation (I sent a text to the 35 numbers), the common link is they all used O2 web text. Most replied to say that their messages went to upto 90 people they did not know. This is a compromising situation for this service and I advise anyone not to use it for anything they would not like to go to strangers !

Official line from O2 is that they are investigating.

Advertisement