Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water pressure and mixer taps

Options
  • 15-10-2007 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭

Hopefully someone can help me out:

Are mixer taps in bathrooms only suitable for pressurised systems?

I've been told that the inlet pipe to a mixer tap is 3/8", thus impeding the flow of water in a non-pressurised system.

I want to avoid having a pump in the hotpress for noise reasons, but also don't want a dribble of water in my handbasins, which are already installed with mixer taps.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 jbayley

you can get adequate pressure from your mixer taps without having a pump installed. no prob
    the main factor which determines this is the height of your cold water cistern.the higher the better above your taps. this will give you more head pressure
    also consider the length of the run of pipes to the tap.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭0lordy

Thanks for your response.

I can raise the cold water tank by a metre in the attic, sounds like this is the way forward.

Another problem is that one ensuite is at the other end of the house, sounds like there may be a problem with pressure there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭10-10-20

0lordy wrote: »
    Thanks for your response.

I can raise the cold water tank by a metre in the attic, sounds like this is the way forward.

Another problem is that one ensuite is at the other end of the house, sounds like there may be a problem with pressure there.

There are some very specific issues to contend with in relation to the support of a Cold Water Storage tank, and raising it a meter requires consideration.
    I hope you are aware of these...! :D

Advertisement