Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Signing up for 3

Options
  • 15-10-2007 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭

Just tried to sign up for 3 Mobile Broadband as it's the only one available in the area (O2 and VF are too expensive).
    I completed the order and checked my emails. I had 2. 1 stating that the order had been accepted. And the other one telling me that because of my credit score I had been declined :eek: What the hell is that all about?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Do you have a bad credit rating?

Try finding out what your credit rating is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

brim4brim wrote: »
    Do you have a bad credit rating?

Try finding out what your credit rating is.

Nope, dont have bad credit rating at all. I know this for sure because we have just signed for our mortgage and AIB had to do a background check on us because we're not customers.
    There's no way 3 could have even checked though because I got the email as soon as I completed the purchase.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Is it simply that did you not agree to pay by DD ?

3 is such a dire piece of crap that you had a lucky escape there , did you not read the monster thread on top about their non service ???

Its no good it being cheap if it simply don't work .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

Did you pay by direct debit? How long are you at the address you gave, what about the previous address? Do you own your current home?

There is a sort of points system on mobile applications. I don't know the values but certain answers pretty much guarantee the contract and other guarentee you won't get it.

eg. Living in rented accommodation for 3 months, 5 months in previous address paying bills by cash. That will guarantee a fail.

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    Is it simply that did you not agree to pay by DD ?

3 is such a dire piece of crap that you had a lucky escape there , did you not read the monster thread on top about their non service ???

Its no good it being cheap if it simply don't work .

I agreed to the DD.
    I know they are crap but what else do we do? We need to get BB installed in the house and we are only renting while our own house is being built.

• Advertisement

paulm17781 wrote: »
    Did you pay by direct debit? How long are you at the address you gave, what about the previous address? Do you own your current home?

There is a sort of points system on mobile applications. I don't know the values but certain answers pretty much guarantee the contract and other guarentee you won't get it.

eg. Living in rented accommodation for 3 months, 5 months in previous address paying bills by cash. That will guarantee a fail.

Put down living in home address, the rented place, the job. Everything and it came back straight away. Id love to call them because I dont have bad credit at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Electric

Thank your lucky stars that your order hasn't been completed! 3 is such a load of crap and a waste of money. I know you say that o2 and vodafone are too expensive but at least they work! 3 doesn't and it will only be €20 down the drain every month plus a whole load of heartache.

Tell them you've changed your mind you don't want it anymore and go with o2 or vodafone. Trust me I've had 3 since June and it is a nightmare. When my contract is up I will be changing to o2 even though it's more expensive it will be worth it for actual broadband!!!

I recommend you get a system that works like O2 or Vodafone for example.

At least with O2 it will fall back to EDGE ( 15-170k) if the 3G signal is ropey . With 3 the signal disappears , as it does, (3 cells "breathe" their coverage or stop accepting connections one they hit 20 users or so) and there is no fall back to a slower system like EDGE or GPRS .

I further recomend this waste of a thread be locked :(

I recommend you get a system that works like O2 or Vodafone for example.

At least with O2 it will fall back to EDGE ( 15-170k) if the 3G signal is ropey . With 3 the signal disappears , as it does, (3 cells "breathe" their coverage or stop accepting connections one they hit 20 users or so) and there is no fall back to a slower system like EDGE or GPRS .

I further recomend this waste of a thread be locked :(

Ill take a look at either the Vodafone or O2 bb offers and see how they pan out money wise.

And I dont see this as a waste of a thread Sponge Bob. I was looking for advice from users about why I might have been denied.

If I was paying €40 per month with O2, would I not be better off signing up with Eircom?

• Advertisement

eircom will charge a connection fee

then eircom will charge you €26 for line rental alone. There is no guarantee that line will ever pass for broadband which will cost €30 odd a month on top of the line rental if you do get it .

so eircom will cost over €50 a month anyway if it works .

how near an enabled excahnge are you ( line length ) , do your neighbours pass for dsl or do ye all have split lines ??

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Ill take a look at either the Vodafone or O2 bb offers and see how they pan out money wise.

And I dont see this as a waste of a thread Sponge Bob. I was looking for advice from users about why I might have been denied.

I think Sponge Bob's point is that anyone contemplating signing for 3 in the light of the huge issues surrounding it (to put it charitably) is stone raving mad and should be posting their problems in the personal issues forum rather than here!

Just one example from a thread with nearly 2,600 posts and you want to sign for these 'jokers':rolleyes:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=54206047&postcount=2598

You had a narrow escape - flee from them while you still can.

eircom will charge a connection fee

then eircom will charge you €26 for line rental alone. There is no guarantee that line will ever pass for broadband which will cost €30 odd a month on top of the line rental if you do get it .

so eircom will cost over €50 a month anyway if it works .

how near an enabled excahnge are you ( line length ) , do your neighbours pass for dsl or do ye all have split lines ??

Apologies Sponge Bob if I came across ratty in the earlier post. Its just annoying that you cant get flippin proper broadband in this country.
    I see your point about Eircom. I might give O2 a shout and see what they can do for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

O2 is €40 a month (€20 for the first 3). I have it since they first started doing broadband and it works fine. I've had EDGE connection in a few places which is better than dropping to GPRS. GPRS speed is very good to in areas where you've no 3G, or at least it has been for me. Not had a problem at all with it. I hope the price will come down in the coming months though. €30 a month would be reasonable. 10Gig transfer limit with O2.

Vodafone is €30 a month I believe (€15 for the first 3). Can't comment on quality personally but I know two people using it and it seems fine. 5Gig transfer limit with Vodafone.
    There were a few other people with the same complaint about credit rating and Three. Seems they like to turn people down for no particular reason, other than quoting poor credit score. Count yourself lucky to be honest.

jor el wrote: »
    O2 is €40 a month (€20 for the first 3). I have it since they first started doing broadband and it works fine. I've had EDGE connection in a few places which is better than dropping to GPRS. GPRS speed is very good to in areas where you've no 3G, or at least it has been for me. Not had a problem at all with it. I hope the price will come down in the coming months though. €30 a month would be reasonable. 10Gig transfer limit with O2.

Vodafone is €30 a month I believe (€15 for the first 3). Can't comment on quality personally but I know two people using it and it seems fine. 5Gig transfer limit with Vodafone.

There were a few other people with the same complaint about credit rating and Three. Seems they like to turn people down for no particular reason, other than quoting poor credit score. Count yourself lucky to be honest.

Cheers folks. Looks like Im going to be ordering this from O2 as it seems better. We've got a wedding to organise so we need the BB for booking stuff and looking into honeymoons.

Thanks again folks. This thread was a real eye opener on the faults of 3.

Advertisement