Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Technical checks

Options
  • 15-10-2007 4:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭

Hey all,
    have my test in 2 weeks time and just wanted to ask what exactly will be asked with regards technical checks.

Can't seem to find anything too definate on the internet apart from

Technical Checks.
    You will be asked to explain how a check would be performed on any three of the following-
    (a) tyres, (b) lights, (c) reflectors, (d) indicators, (e) engine oil, (f) coolant, (g) windscreen washer fluid, (h) steering, (i) brakes, (j) horn.

anyone remember off hand what kind of questions they were asked or know of any websites that might have examples of questions?

ive only had one lesson and my next lesson is the day of my test so don't want to leave it til then to find out what i should know.

thanks in advance! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,023 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

I was asked to show how to turn on my hazards and the rear window de-mister inside the car, and point out the oil and coolant under the bonnet. Simple as that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Mimi3637

Yep,

I was just asked how would you perform a check on your tyres and I answered that you should check that the tread depth is 1.6 mm and that there are no cracks or bulges on the tyres.

Then I was asked how would I check the oil and I just said to remove the dipstick, wipe it and then put it back in again, leave it for a wee minute and then take it out and check that it is at the right level and it's not too black.

I wasn't asked to lift the bonnet on the car, just had to switch on hazard lights in the car, the regular lights and then point out the temperature gauge on the dash display.

Easy peasy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Noskoda

emee wrote: »
    Can't seem to find anything too definate on the internet apart from

You will find all the help you need on this web page.http://www.acceleratesom.com/techchecks.htm

Good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭emee

yay! passed my test yesterday so thats one of the 120,000 2nd provisional license holders off the list :)

thanks to the people who sent me on stuff was much appreciated!

Advertisement