Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Youtube not rendering properly

• 15-10-2007 4:31pm
    Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,242 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Im having issues with youtube not rendering properly in both IE(7) and Firefox.
    I get the attached screen. Im not aware of issues with any other websites and this only started about a week ago.
    Im with NTL and a friend who also uses NTL doesn't get this so its not there.
    Any ideas?
    (using Vista)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

You're missing the style sheet. NTL transparently proxy all web traffic afaik so that could cause the issue. Try a few hard refreshes (Ctrl + F5)

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,242 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

tried that several times
    I figured it was the SS but it seems strange.

Nope - still can't get it.
    Youtube seemingly is using two CSS files - I can't download either!
    http://static.youtube.com/yt/css/styles-vfl27411.css
    http://static.youtube.com/yt/css/base-vfl27567.css

and don't suggest contacting NTL 'support'!

I contacted NTL support and managed to get talking to people who were quite helpful
    Anyhow, to cut a long story short, I went into the laptop in safe mode with networking and it works fine. The Win2K PC upstairs (in normal mode anyway) and the laptop still can't render it properly.
    Its not firewall related. Im ruinning virus scans on both but nothing yet. I checked the hosts file, flushed the DNS, etc. and am at a loss!

The modem is connected to the PC via USB and also to the (fon) wifi router via ethernet cable. The NTL agent refreshed the modem.
    Help!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Hello,

Can someone please have a look at the attached image and try to explain what is causing YouTube to display as it is doing.

It looks like just the html is displaying, no colours, it looks like a really stripped down version of YouTube, but on two other machines, one in work and another in my mothers, it is normal.

It does say on the YouTube page that I either have java turned off, or need to install the latest flash player.

Well, I downloaded the latest flash player, it made no difference.

I turned off java in both IE7 and FF2.0.7, then turned it back on again, but still the same issue.

Thanks a lot.

By the way, I run Vista here on my laptop, the other two machines are XP.

It was working ok here for a good six months, but started this about a week ago.

• Advertisement

Sorry OS mods, I didn't read the other threads first.

Can someone report this post, and get it merged with this one

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055165905

Thanks.

I'm getting the same issue on a Magnet FTTH connection.

Anyone else got any ideas?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,407 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Merged.

DesF - if you start up te PC in safe mode* does it work? It does on mine for some reason.

* press F8 when starting and select the safe mode with networking option (which will require an ethernet and not wifi connection to connect to the interweb

Strange! For whatever reason its working fine on the laptop now. Will check my PC later.

• Advertisement

Just a suggestion if things still aren't working properly. Could it be one of those cases where malware redirects DNS requests? I remember my brother was having some strange behaviour and it turned out by running HijackThis that something was overriding the DNS settings even though the correct settings were specified in TCP/IP properties.

I checked for spyware/malware

Advertisement