Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ballpark repair cost?

Options
  • 15-10-2007 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭

Could anyone hazard a worst-case ballpark repair quote for this car? The front window was broken subsequent to the rear impact.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Healyc

New Quarter Panel
    New Rear Bumper
    R/H Bumper bracket
    New Bumper reinforcer
    R/H Tail light
    Repair inner quarter panel
    Repair Drivers door (But most likely replace)
    New window glass and window motor.

Paint all new parts and blend paint into roof pillar and front door (if not replaced)

You would be doing well to get out of this for €3000 inc vat

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Cool, thanks for that. Is there any way there could be damage that can't be seen in the photos that could make the job even more expensive? I'm really looking to know what's the most it could possibly cost. Thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Healyc wrote: »

You would be doing well to get out of this for €3000 inc vat

You'd be doing very well indeed - especially if you plan to have it repaired in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭JoeA3

I would say 3K is on the low side! My father did damage like that to his Focus a few months back, granted it was a little worse (front door badly damaged too), and the side-airbags had popped (have the airbags deployed in that audi?)... his bill came close to 10k!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

JoeA3 wrote: »
    I would say 3K is on the low side! My father did damage like that to his Focus a few months back, granted it was a little worse (front door badly damaged too), and the side-airbags had popped (have the airbags deployed in that audi?)... his bill came close to 10k!
    Jesus! The airbags and front door on this car are fine - the drivers window was broken after the accident.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Might be ok so... if the airbags go, its $$$, cos a lot of the interior is ruined in the process (headlining, seat covers, door panels, etc), and airbags themselves are costly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭richie_rvf

If the impact twisted the car sufficiently to break the front windscreen I would be surprised if there is no chassis damage, or at least popped spot welds.

I would guess you could be charged 3k to strip the car to asses the damage!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

Someone hit the rear right side of mine which is 4/5 as bad as that. Estimate I got was 2.5K, so budget 3-3.5k.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

I'd be going closer to 4k-5kfor that reapir job. Surely your insurance or the party involved will cover this??

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I'm guessing 5k.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

I'd say 5.5k tbh, anything less is going to be a hatchet job and your car will never be worth much secondhand. There's a lot of damage that you don't see aswell.

Advertisement