Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Freshener

Options
  • 15-10-2007 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭

Anyone know of a decent car freshener you can get that doesn't stink the car out?A neutral smelling one that doesn't smell of artificial pine trees or artificial vanilla!

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

spary Febreeze on your seats?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

im a big fan of the neutrodol ones, they even seem to remove the smell of smoke from cars, theyre about 4euro in tesco and 5 in most garages.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I like the Auto Glym autofresh spray.

AF_500.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭watsgone

C_Breeze wrote: »

Nice idea, I must try that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

Magic Tree Bouquet, smells lovely!

-VB-

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Can I suggest an open window?

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

mike65 wrote: »
    Can I suggest an open window?

Mike.

Good idea. Also don't bother washing the car. It rains a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭nialler

I use the neutrodol anti tobacco one meself and also the Autoglym car spray (just spray a bit on the carpets) new car smell.

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭daedalus2097

I have to say the Ambi-Pur one I have is nice. Not neutral, but gentle enough that you don't say "Oh, there's an air freshener in this car." I know where you're coming from, I hate those "Pine Fresh" ones, always end up with a headache if I'm in a car with one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Hotwheels

C_Breeze wrote: »
    Second that...give the inside a good hoover and spray on, leave for a while and turn on the Aircon and let it circulate...does a great job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭ianobrien

I use Dettol anti-bacterial spray, with no bleach and it kills the smells. It also doesn't stain the seat fabric. It's great for getting rid of all smells

I used it after a friend got sick in the car. Washed the stuff up with mild soapy water, sprayed this everywhere (even behind door cards) and never had any smells afterwards, so it works

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Countryripple

I use a Holts one. It is the fruits ones, the little wooden ones. The one I find best and is not overpowering at all is the Apple-mint one. Hard to find though!

Advertisement