Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

206th Merseyside Derby

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

evil_seed wrote: »
    on the subject of kuyts tackle, which was worse his or this
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkR5BGXrA2Y

Lol, twas like a long jump..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

evil_seed wrote: »
    on the subject of kuyts tackle, which was worse his or this
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkR5BGXrA2Y

God i love it, everyone will ignore this.

What colour was the card that Jeff Winter had in his hand first? Yep, a red one. What card did Henry get? Yep, a yellow one. It happens in football all the time but of course, Gerrard is accused of turning the referee against Hibbert.

There was no intent in Henry's tackle, same as there was none in Kuyts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,426 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Melion wrote: »
    God i love it, everyone will ignore this.

What colour was the card that Jeff Winter had in his hand first? Yep, a red one. What card did Henry get? Yep, a yellow one. It happens in football all the time but of course, Gerrard is accused of turning the referee against Hibbert.

There was no intent in Henry's tackle, same as there was none in Kuyts.

And what is the red card in? the book Winter writes notes in!

Add the FACT the FA and refs stated they would be coming down hard THIS SEASON on players who left the ground to make a 'tackle' - they said they'd be dishing out red cards for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Which was worse - Kuyts or this? Cristiano Ronaldo got a red card for this against Man City:

Everyone, bar us Utd fans, were in agreement it was a sending off. It's the same this time around - pretty much everybody, bar Liverpool fans, says its a sending off offence.
    In both cases no contact was made. Kuyts lunge was actually worse.

Personally, I think both warranted a yellow card for dangerous play, but a player is leaving himself open to a red derpending what mood the refs in (Ronaldo unfortunately had Steve Bennett!) -obviously straight red if significant contact was made.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,426 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Nunu wrote: »
    Which was worse - Kuyts or this? Cristiano Ronaldo got a red card for this against Man City:

Everyone, bar us Utd fans, were in agreement it was a sending off. It's the same this time around - pretty much everybody, bar Liverpool fans, says its a sending off offence.

Personally, I think both warranted a yellow card for dangerous play, but a player is leaving himself open to a red derpending what mood the refs in (Ronaldo unfortunately had Steve Bennett!) -obviously straight red if significant contact was made.
    I agreed with the red card at the time; he didn't injure the player but it was a dangerous 'attempt' that has no place on a football field - and should be stamped out (arf) Red cards should be given to them, Ronaldo, Kuyt, Henry, anyone who does similar.

• Advertisement

While there are similarities, there are keys differences with the main being that Ronaldo was showing studs.

While there are similarities, there are keys differences with the main being that Ronaldo was showing studs.

...yeah, and that Kuyts was 2 footed.
    Do you actually believe that Ronaldos was a more dangerous tackle?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,082 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

...yeah, and that Kuyts was 2 footed.
    Do you actually believe that Ronaldos was a more dangerous tackle?

well a challenge with studs is always going to be worse then a challenge without. Its the studs that do the damage.

Both were terrible challenges, but if contact was made on both, ronaldo's would have probably resulted in more serious injury.

I remember that Ronaldo tackle. He was being a petulant child because he had got fouled about 30 seconds before that and didnt get a free kick. Thats probably why he got sent off.

Melion wrote: »
    I remember that Ronaldo tackle. He was being a petulant child because he had got fouled about 30 seconds before that and didnt get a free kick. Thats probably why he got sent off.

:rolleyes:

Same could be said of Kuyt...he lost possession then immediately chased after the ball and recklessly lunged at Neville from about 7 feet away!

@ Rebel: are you saying that Kuyt wasn't showing studs:confused: Both feet were showing studs about knee high on Neville! Ronaldos would have caused more serious injury if contact was made?! I think you need to look at Kuyts Cantona kung-fu style leap again:D

• Advertisement

Kuyt lost the ball and went to try and stop it being played forward
    Ronaldo was fouled, didnt get a free kick and went looking for the player who fouled him

How are they the same?

Stop would you. I get it... you don't like Ronaldo.

I didn't say they were the same, I said Kuyts was worse.

Stop would you. I get it... you don't like Ronaldo.

I didn't say they were the same, I said Kuyts was worse.

You are really coming across as a 12 year old child now. Would love to use something somewhat stonger but you know yourself...

If you think Kuyt's studs were showing, it is blatantly obvious that you are extremely biased or haven't actually seen the tackle.

Well then you need to watch them again

http://light.vpod.tv/?s=0.0.335743

It's from about 4 mins in. Pause it at 4:30 were Neville has jumped out of the way and tell me there is no studs showing.

Melion, Ronaldo didn't go looking for the player who fouled him...unless Joey Barton is black and changed his name to Andrew Cole:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

hang on...
    players dive? fouls dont get seen by the ref? ref's make dumb decisions? refs that go on holidays with the team during the summer favour said team in a local derby?

im switching back to pro cycling, a clean sport if ever there was one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

http://light.vpod.tv/?s=0.0.335743

It's from about 4 mins in. Pause it at 4:30 were Neville has jumped out of the way and tell me there is no studs showing.

Melion, Ronaldo didn't go looking for the player who fouled him...unless Joey Barton is black and changed his name to Andrew Cole:D

the only place his studs are showing is away he bends his legs in mid air and is trying to block the ball with the front of his legs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

:rolleyes:

Same could be said of Kuyt...he lost possession then immediately chased after the ball and recklessly lunged at Neville from about 7 feet away!

@ Rebel: are you saying that Kuyt wasn't showing studs:confused: Both feet were showing studs about knee high on Neville! Ronaldos would have caused more serious injury if contact was made?! I think you need to look at Kuyts Cantona kung-fu style leap again:D

WTF???Kuyts studs were pointting into the stand because his legs were curled. They were pointing away from Neville.

Advertisement