Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Match Thread - 16/10 V IBM @ Three Rock 21.00

Options
  • 15-10-2007 5:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭

Probably too late to try get a head count, but I think each game warrants its own thread for discussion and finger pointing ;)

A win sees us keep up the pace, but if we get beat they would leapfrog us.
    Just do what we do and we'll get the result we want.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

im in, art and dan should also be ok. so thats 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

Carl (keeper) -

Martian -
    Darren - injured :(
    Ed - Will be there
    Dan - Will be there
    Michael -
    Geoff -
    Simon -

Shay -
    Colm Larkin -
    Gav -
    Sav - Will be there
    Larry -
    Dave -
    Darragh -
    Kenny -
    Lepo -
    Niall -

Joe -
    Jules –
    Art - Will be there
    Fran -

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭thelepo

I shall be there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Darren u get that knee checked out or did it clear up?

Yeah, went to the doc today. After torturing my knee she said its probably a cruciate tear (it bloody could be now :mad:). Going for a MRI scan tomorrow so I should know more by end of week.

She did give me a sick note till wednesday tho :p

• Advertisement

Ligaments? Eeek.
    Just as well Des has a big fat insurance policy....right?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

jaysus, good luck with that darran.hope tis not serious.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Yeh, for the love of jeebus I hope it's not your cruciate Darren - all the best with it. I think Des is operating on a 'if you can't make it it's your duty to text me' approach now, which is grand, but for what its worth I've updated the below.

Carl (keeper) -

Martian -
    Darren - injured
    Ed - Will be there
    Dan - Will be there
    Michael -
    Geoff -
    Simon -

Shay -
    Colm Larkin -
    Gav -
    Sav - Will be there
    Larry -
    Dave -
    Darragh -
    Kenny -
    Lepo -
    Niall -

Joe -
    Jules – Will be there
    Art - Will be there
    Fran -

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

I'll be there.

Ouch! Sorry to hear about that Darren.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Hope it's not your cruciate Darren! Good luck with the MRI. I;ll be there but can't play due to my poxy foot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭LoBo

Carl (keeper) -

Martian - injured
    Darren - injured
    Ed - Will be there
    Dan - Will be there
    Michael -
    Geoff -
    Simon -

Shay -
    Colm Larkin - Will be there
    Gav -
    Sav - Will be there
    Larry -
    Dave -
    Darragh - Will be there
    Kenny -
    Lepo -
    Niall -

Joe -
    Jules – Will be there
    Art - Will be there
    Fran -

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭bugs90

I'm in!

Carl (keeper) -

Martian - injured
    Darren - injured
    Ed - Will be there
    Dan - Will be there
    Michael -
    Geoff - Will Be there
    Simon -

Shay -
    Gav -
    Sav - Will be there
    Larry -
    Dave -
    Darragh - Will be there
    Kenny -
    Lepo -
    Niall -

Joe - Will be there
    Jules – Will be there
    Art - Will be there
    Fran -

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

I'm in!

Carl (keeper) -

Martian - injured
    Darren - injured
    Ed - Will be there
    Dan - Will be there
    Michael - Will be there
    Geoff - Will Be there
    Simon -

Shay -
    Gav -
    Sav - Will be there
    Larry -
    Dave -
    Darragh - Will be there
    Kenny -
    Lepo -
    Niall -

Joe - Will be there
    Jules – Will be there
    Art - Will be there
    Fran -

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

+ me and lepo...

Carl (keeper) -

Martian - injured
    Darren - injured
    Ed - Will be there
    Dan - Will be there
    Michael - Will be there
    Geoff - Will Be there
    Simon - Will be there

Shay -
    Gav -
    Sav - Will be there
    Larry -
    Dave -
    Darragh - Will be there
    Kenny -
    Lepo - Will be there
    Niall -

Joe - Will be there
    Jules – Will be there
    Art - Will be there
    Fran -

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭kaizersoze1980

des....give us a shout about collecting the gear, cant get u on the phone

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Right lads, hand up, I was a bit too harsh there at the end, so apologies for that. Intention wasn't to pick on any individual, defence as a unit should've dealt with that ball and 9 times out of 10 tonight they did, but truth be told it was the only real chance they got and they were lucky to take it and if our defence limits teams to one jammy chance like that per game we'll be doing pretty well so criticism is unfair. Was just seriously frustrated cos we really should've had the game closed out by that stage and to lose 1-0 in the final minute was rough justice.

That said, it's far too easy to walk away saying we played pretty decent football etc....but we lacked our usual composure on the ball (slippy surface didnt help) and are still playing our football about 15-20 yards too far from goal and we're just not getting enough action in the penalty area. The only first time balls that went into the box were from our own half which we're unlikely to win, more of them layoffs 10 yards outside the box need to be whipped in first time, particularly against a short defence like theirs tonight. The strikers will have to do more to make forceful runs and scream for it, but we do need a change of mindset when we get to just about the last third, not long ball, just more eager to get it in when we're near the box. Truth be told when you look at it man for man we did play pretty well and maybe it was just one of them nights...doesn't make it any less frustrating though :mad:

Ah shite lads hard luck! At least its the 'one dodgy game a season' game out of the way, we can concentrate on winning the league now! :D

:mad:

That is all.

Have to say, I'm beginning to wonder what the point of these threads is if its only the same 8 or 9 fellas contributing all the time. That's only half the number turning up for games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

There is a lack of post match discussion alright. Obviously I haven't played much recently but we just aren't hitting the highs of last season's run in. We were rubbish two weeks ago and barely deserved to win. That carried over into this game and that late goal was always coming. It's great seeing so many turn out each week but are we losing some consistency during games with a high player turnover? I know the roll on roll off keeps everyone fresh and all but perhaps players aren't getting enough time to impact on the game? Just opening that up to debate. Not neccesarily a criticism of the system as such.

Also, there's still not enough leadership on the pitch lads. Jules does his bit but he's playing up front and is limited in that sense. Plenty of shouting and talking alright but very little encouragement and direction out there.

• Advertisement

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    Also, there's still not enough leadership on the pitch lads. Jules does his bit but he's playing up front and is limited in that sense. Plenty of shouting and talking alright but very little encouragement and direction out there.
    Point taken, but I have to disagree a small bit. You can't teach leadership, it comes with years of games and experience. In my own defence, I can only talk to the players around me and some fellas just dont listen. I hear Jules and Ed doing the same. A team that relies on one player to motivate everybody isn't a team at all.

What we do lack is communication. And even when we are communicating, some of the shouts are badly called. It's like we only use either "Time" or "Man on" - other than that you're on your own.

But you cant expect people to gel when only 8 turn up training, 8 post on the official discussion board and then over 16 turn up for the games.

The reason we lost that game, IMHO, was because the attitude beforehand wasn't right. We got away with it the last 2 games when we won almost undeservedly. That usually allows complacency to set in. Ah sure it'll be grand, we played crap last week and won.

Advertisement