Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Kit

Options
  • 15-10-2007 5:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

Howdy,

Gfs sister bought a Vw golf '02 and it came with a built in nokia car kit,the one which suits a 6230i (my phone) but her phone (a 6300) doesnt fit,is it just a case of changing the cradle or is it the whole thing which needs to be replaced??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

ImaBM-man wrote: »
    Howdy,

Gfs sister bought a Vw golf '02 and it came with a built in nokia car kit,the one which suits a 6230i (my phone) but her phone (a 6300) doesnt fit,is it just a case of changing the cradle or is it the whole thing which needs to be replaced??

I have the carkit for the nokia 6230i and upgraded my phone to the 6300 expecting to be able to just change the cradle but looks like nokia aren't releasing a cradle for it (from what i can see anway) and i cant seem to find a non-nokia one either

luckily enough I have bluetooth aswell but its a real pain not being able to charge it in the car on the cradle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 ImaBM-man

Thats what i thought, what a pain in the a** Suppose its just gonna have to be a bluetooth and an in car charger!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

ImaBM-man wrote: »
    Thats what i thought, what a pain in the a** Suppose its just gonna have to be a bluetooth and an in car charger!

My advice is dump that Nokia kit CK-7W and buy the Parrot CK3100. A far better piece of kit. It will fit straight into any car radio with an ISO connection. It also works through your car speakers via your radio mute. All cables come with kit. Nokia need to get their act together with their car kits

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

still won't charge the phone though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

colm_mcm wrote: »
    still won't charge the phone though.

Just get a car charger :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement