Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Volvo C70 cabriolet

Options
  • 15-10-2007 6:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭

Following on from another thread, what's the story with these? I notice that 2000-2001 models are a hell of a lot cheaper than CLK or 318 cabrios. Are they just rubbish, or are they an unappreciated gem? Anyone had one?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

bogmanfan wrote: »
    Following on from another thread, what's the story with these? I notice that 2000-2001 models are a hell of a lot cheaper than CLK or 318 cabrios. Are they just rubbish, or are they an unappreciated gem? Anyone had one?

Haven't had one but a friend had a coupe and it seems to be the latter. I like them and I think they're very underrated and very good looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Apparently they don't handle. I wouldn't have thought most coupé buyers would even notice, but there you go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Mr. Larson

I own a coupé and it's the latter in my opinion. The coupé is way more of a looker than the convertible as the lines are a lot smoother. Not too keen on the looks of the convertible. Mine is an 02 and it's in good condition and I swear it still turns many heads when it's clean. Rare enough on the roads.

They don't handle too well, it's true but mine is a 26km cruise on the N/M11 every day so it doesn't bother me too much. I took it home on the back roads past Eniskerry one day and I swore never again. Not meant for $***ty roads. The turning circle is worse than the Titanic. Very comfortable on the Motorway tho and just eats up the miles... great seats!

If you need to know more about them let me know - I'd be glad to answer any questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

I rented one a few years ago for a week, a 2.4t and thought it was fantastic. Well made, refined, quick enough A-B. No full on sports car but very good value IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭bogmanfan

Thanks for the replies. I have heard that when Volvos go wrong, they cost a fortune to put right. Any truth to this?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Mr. Larson

Main dealers can be expensive - I was expecting worse though full annual service through main dealer is about €400 and never comes in over that. That allows for replacement of the usual wear and tear items.

If you've an older one and want to avoid the main dealer I'm sure you'd get better value, nothing has gone seriously wrong with mine (touch wood) yet so couldn't say for sure. I hope you're wrong! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭TychoCaine

They do cost a fair whack to fix when they go wrong, but we're not talking about your typical family hatchback here. A Merc, BMW or Audi will cost as much, if not more to repair.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

A Merc, BMW or Audi will cost as much, if not more to repair.

........onluy if you are foolish enough to use a main stealer. Even then my CLK costs no more than €400/annum in servicing !

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭TychoCaine

MercMad wrote: »
    ........onluy if you are foolish enough to use a main stealer. Even then my CLK costs no more than €400/annum in servicing !
    .... as does my Volvo when I take it to my guy, but my wife's Ford Focus only costs €160 to service at the same place, so it still costs two and a half times what a family hatch costs to maintain....

Advertisement