Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

20ft Shipping Container

• 15-10-2007 6:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭

Hi,
    Does anyone have a 20ft shipping container for sale or know where i can get a good deal.
    Was quoted 1500 euro for a second hand 20ft container with 250 euro delivery cost from Limerick to Galway.
    Thanks,
    Peter

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 jbayley

check the buy and sell lad, usually best sorce with a few companies to choose from

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Peter, I bought one last year, 1800 delivered, but in excellent condition

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭pete6296

yop wrote: »
    Peter, I bought one last year, 1800 delivered, but in excellent condition

Hi,
    Do you mind me asking where you got it, from a company or buy and sell.
    Or then again, will you be selling it in the future.
    Thanks,
    Peter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 BoylerMan

Peat6296,

I have a 20ft container that I bought at the start of the year. I have been using it for storing tools, etc while doing a self build. I'll be finished with it in about 4 weeks if your interested as I will have the garage closed in then.
    I paid 1300 Euros for it and it is in good condition.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Peter, McHale Caravans in Belcarra in Co Mayo.

http://www.mchalecaravans.ie/

• Advertisement

BoylerMan wrote: »
    Peat6296,

I have a 20ft container that I bought at the start of the year. I have been using it for storing tools, etc while doing a self build. I'll be finished with it in about 4 weeks if your interested as I will have the garage closed in then.
    I paid 1300 Euros for it and it is in good condition.

Hi,
    What part of the country are you in and what would u be looking to get for it.
    Thanks,
    Pete

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,118 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

I'm working in a container terminal in Dublin Port, I can make a few calls when I'm back in work on Friday for you if you want?

bennyx_o wrote: »
    I'm working in a container terminal in Dublin Port, I can make a few calls when I'm back in work on Friday for you if you want?

That would be great if you don't mind, my only concern would be cost of delivery to Galway County.
    Thanks,
    Peter

I'm in Carlow. I'd want 1200 for it collected. If your interested I'll send you a photo.

I asked Rushfleet about prices when I was looking

"20ft Container >> Second hand cost eur1250.00+ 21% VAT & Delivery
    >>> New containers cost eur2000.00 + 21% VAT &"

"f you need a truck with a crane cost from Dublin will be approx, eur 650.00 + VAT"

• Advertisement

Hi,
    You paid 1300 for it originally and selling it again for 1200. I thought a bit more than 100 euro would make sense if your selling it. Up to you.
    Thanks

yop wrote: »
    I asked Rushfleet about prices when I was looking

"20ft Container >> Second hand cost eur1250.00+ 21% VAT & Delivery
    >>> New containers cost eur2000.00 + 21% VAT &"

"f you need a truck with a crane cost from Dublin will be approx, eur 650.00 + VAT"

Hi,
    Thanks a million for getting that info for me, i really appreciate it. I wil post you a private message if interested. Thanks again,
    Peter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 603 ✭✭✭bakerbhoy

Most of those companys will buy them back from you when you are finished

bakerbhoy wrote: »
    Most of those companys will buy them back from you when you are finished

Aye, they sure will, McHales said he would buy it back no problems.

No problem if your not interested but you will do well to get a second hand one for under 1200.
    As YOP said above they are generally 1250+Vat = 1500 Euro. I got it for 1300+delivery from a friend in Roankabin who did me a favour. As stated per other replies, I can sell it back for the same price as it is as good as new.
    Anyway if you are in Galway you may get the delivery cost down by getting it locally.

BoylerMan wrote: »
    No problem if your not interested but you will do well to get a second hand one for under 1200.
    As YOP said above they are generally 1250+Vat = 1500 Euro. I got it for 1300+delivery from a friend in Roankabin who did me a favour. As stated per other replies, I can sell it back for the same price as it is as good as new.
    Anyway if you are in Galway you may get the delivery cost down by getting it locally.

Cheers,
    Biggest thing alright is delivery as you said, i will be on the look out in Galway.
    Thanks,
    Pete

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Ciara D

Hi,

I was just wondering does anyone know of anyone selling a 20ft container?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Ciaran.Magee

Self build in Louth, looking for a bargin of course. Sure if you have one in the back yard you want rid of I'll help you out. Get in touch.
    I might even pay for it so all offers accepted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement