Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No reply from help desk

Options
  • 15-10-2007 6:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭

hi, posted this in the help desk a few days ago but no reply, wondering if anyone here could shed some light....

jumping to "latest post"
    hi, as you can see from my post count, im new round here. i was just wondering if there was a way to stop each thread jumping to a 'random' post when i open it. when i click on a thread it sometimes seems to take me to a random page (eg there would be 9 pages and id be taken to page 6) or random post. i assumed at first it will show me the last unread post, but when i open a thread that i have never visted before it just throws up a random page/random post. sorry if there is an obvious solution to this or it seems like a stupid question, but hey, i assume this is what the help desk is for..... thanks
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Some times the help desk can take time. Very few people have authority to reply to your threads, so you may be waiting for someone knowledgable to come along.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

Would it the to the first new post to that thread since your last visit to the site?.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

i thought that but thatd be a bit useless to me, when i want to read the whole thread or at least the start..... just looking for a way to turn off the option (if it is an option) altogether

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Vexorg wrote: »
    Would it the to the first new post to that thread since your last visit to the site?.
    Yep :)

When you visit the site, it marks all threads as "read", even if you haven't looked at them. When you return and go to the next "new" post, you get taken to the first post on the thread since you last visited.

It only occurs when browsing from the front page (www.boards.ie). When moving around from the main forums page (www.boards.ie/vbulletin/), clicking on the name of the thread will always bring you to the first post of the thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

excellent, i know it was only a small issue but it was driving me crazy, thanks a million

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

If you click on the name of the thread, it should open it on the first page, at the first post. However, you may be clicking this button: firstnew.gif by accident, which is the button that takes you to the first message that was posted since you last logged out.

Advertisement