Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

forum engine

Options
  • 15-10-2007 6:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hello !
    Sorry to bother you. I found this forum when looking through google for forums to use. I need
    to install a forum on my website but I cannot find where it is sold.

Where did you get this one

Thanks for any assistance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

http://www.vbulletin.com/ by Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭squibs

www.phpbb.com is a free alternative.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 BSmith

or try simple machines SMF... its about half way between hence and phpBB

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Meh, never to fond of SMF or phpBB. Good for free, but if your serious - cough up cash.

Iv always loved the Invision Power Board software, also known as IP.Board (See: http://www.invisionboard.com/).

As for vBulletin - its similar to IPB but a lot more easier going. It has a lot of whats missing, and isnt as cluttered.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Serbian

Another free one, and my personal favourite: Vanilla.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 brianmca

I second vanilla,

another one that comes as bare bones but has plenty of plug-ins is bbpress from the makers of bloging software wordpress.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭macroman

Really depends on your experience in running a forum, if you're a novice I'd suggest going with phpBB to get your bearings - you can always upgrade to a 'premium' paid forum system at a later stage (IP.Board & vBulletin).

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Sorry, but that's a spammer there..

Advertisement