Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting clothes altered

Options
  • 15-10-2007 6:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a decent place to get clothes altered?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Maybe Anto Ryan's. Have got them to sort out trousers before -- usually a €10 job. Don't know if you're looking for bigger alterations though.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭MattKid

I've got a pair of jeans that need shortening, and the tricky job is a pinstripe jacket that needs the body taking in.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

There's a shop on Eyre street, on the corner across the hole in the wall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭galwaygirleen

Mary Forde upstairs in Eyre Square Center, Thimblinas on Mary Street just up from Mixers, and theres one beside The Kings Head Pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭MattKid

thanks, any recomendation of which is the best?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

I use the one beside the Kings Head, over Fahy Foto.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Fey! wrote: »
    I use the one beside the Kings Head, over Fahy Foto.

Yeah, I've used these too for shortening jeans, they do a great job, somehow keeping the original stitching on the hem. About €15 per pair.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭paconnors

Or You could Try p.Mcdonagh he is over the tabdhairc in middle st, hes deaf, but he does all the alterations for anthony ryans

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

The one across from the hole in the wall can be quite pricey I noticed, so don't be afraid to check a few places out if youve the time..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Lockstep

does anyone know a good place to get minor alterations made to a leather jacket?

The sleeves are slightly too long

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

paconnors wrote: »
    Or You could Try p.Mcdonagh he is over the tabdhairc in middle st, hes deaf, but he does all the alterations for anthony ryans

Yes that guy is brilliant.Ripped a pair of suit pants brought them everywhere nobody could repair them.Was told to go to Mr McDonagh and he did a super job!And he charges very little too.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Tetra

Mary Forde in the Eyre Square Centre is very good too

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

does anyone know a good place to get minor alterations made to a leather jacket?

I think that most of the places listed should be able to do it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Do you have any idea what the cost might be?

It's a long walk to town for me, so knowing a rough price would be useful.

Advertisement