Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best club passed or present

• 15-10-2007 6:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 47

Surely there can be only one answer to this question and that is the Roxy in the mid 90's when Can't Stop used to run a night there Christ it was out of this world it was real intimate and had a great chill out room there. Happy Happy Happy.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭Junior

Hmmm prior to that the Maryland was some place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

For me it would be up between Flow Motion and the aforementioned Roxy. Too hard to call.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Minfadlek

Has to be "The Ardree", simply :D

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭pommers

aw the roxy "can't stop" that brings me back.......them were the days....:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

Junior wrote: »
    Hmmm prior to that the Maryland was some place.

i think the maryland was a differant kind of club!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭floyd333

has to be the roxy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭south

metroland then the roxy

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

SUNGOD wrote: »
    i think the maryland was a differant kind of club!!!!!!!

Careful now. Dont go in the direction I think your going!

Speaking of Maryland, is it still running as a hotel/pub/club?

"Careful now. Dont go in the direction I think your going!"

have no idea what your talking about i was just stating that i dont think the maryland is what you would call a conventional club . but maybe they had a door policy that i am unaware of maybe you could shed some light on this keith or are you afraid of the possible libel ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

There was legal action against a newspaper I think so we don't want to get this site involved with allegations of the same nature. That's what Sully was implying.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

kensutz wrote: »
    There was legal action against a newspaper I think so we don't want to get this site involved with allegations of the same nature. That's what Sully was implying.

Exactly. I just dont want such comments made on the Waterford Forum. This applies to anybody. No comments without fact/proof.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭brigadear

Defo Roxy. I live in Dublin now and no place there can come even close to The Roxy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,001 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Best club passed or present
    That's the funniest thing I've read in ages! :D Thanks!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭BIG-SLICK-POKER

I loved Flo Motion on a Friday upstairs in Egans and also Breens when i was 15 at the Bridge hotel , I remember the roxy well , New track out at my time was robert Miles Children which was being pumped out down in the roxy

The metro land was mental i remember being at the prodigy down there and Andrew Weatherall unreal nights down there also ...

Also Preachers cannot be forgotten and Club L.A

How years fly and places change ? Wateford used to be nicely spread out now its tweedy town .....Cramped and overpriced

? Wateford used to be nicely spread out now its tweedy town .....Cramped and overpriced

well said big slick could not agree more . as for the best club there has to be a winner and that is .(sound of envelope being opened ) ladies and gentlemen the winner is "the roxy " (mid 90s). unfortunetly the roxy mid 90s cant be here tonight but i sungod will accept this cup of tea on their behalf

Gaff of the century there by Junior, was thinking one thing and meant to say the other thing. I actually meant the Metroland. Must remember to fit alcohol tester to keyboard. I remember seeing Atlantic Ocean V Carl Cox play in the metroland.

Junior wrote: »
    Gaff of the century there by Junior, was thinking one thing and meant to say the other thing. I actually meant the Metroland. Must remember to fit alcohol tester to keyboard. I remember seeing Atlantic Ocean V Carl Cox play in the metroland.

thank god for that junior and about time you cleared that up to be honest i couldnt see ya letting rip to carl cox in the maryland

SUNGOD wrote: »
    thank god for that junior and about time you cleared that up to be honest i couldnt see ya letting rip to carl cox in the maryland

ahh sure given enough whiskey i'd let rip anywhere ...:p:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

yeah it'd be a toss up between the metroland and the roxy. tasty's, cant stop, seventh heaven. big box little box cardboard fish, etc. etc. i think someone spiked me drink on a weekly basis. or maybe i spiked me own drink.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

Ah saturday nights in the Roxy, such sweet sweet memories.

• Advertisement

Moro23 wrote: »
    Can't Stop used to run a night there Christ it was out of this world it was real intimate and had a great chill out room there. Happy Happy Happy.

in the door out of my mind, head straight for the chill out room and stay there all night happy as a pig in **** loved it

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭smaoifs

Roxy was before my time but loved Preachers. And Club LA was always good to stumble into after Sheffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 penelopy

I think I remember you from the Roxy, Pommers! Did your boyfriend used to wear a white boiler suit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭south

10 Year Anniversary for 'Cant Stop'... the roxy moves to stage 2 in the forum for a 10 Year Anniversary Cant Stop gig before the end of the year....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭BIG-SLICK-POKER

south wrote: »
    10 Year Anniversary for 'Cant Stop'... the roxy moves to stage 2 in the forum for a 10 Year Anniversary Cant Stop gig before the end of the year....

Im in Ill spread the gospel , I dj in Oxygen ill even announce it there haha , would love to see wat they say on that lol

This will be rammed and its a great idea sungod

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭pommers

penelopy wrote: »
    I think I remember you from the Roxy, Pommers! Did your boyfriend used to wear a white boiler suit?

:eek:yeah dumped him a long time ago, suit was bad but then the dummies!!!!!!!:D u still with that big fat chap??:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭halfinch

First night I ever went out was to the roxy....aww

Why has nno-one mentioned south

Saw some fantastic acts out there from Carl Cox to The Waterboys, Paul Wellar, Dave Clarke

Its such a pity it went down here...now what do we have

Godamn Muldoons although electric avenue isnt a bad spot!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭halfinch

Why has no-one mentioned south :p

Saw some fantastic acts out there from Carl Cox to The Waterboys, Paul Wellar, Dave Clarke:):):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

halfinch wrote: »

Saw some fantastic acts out there from Carl Cox to The Waterboys, Paul Wellar, Dave Clarke:):):)

Agreed on Electric Avenue and South had some great acts too. I saw the Violent Femmes there a few years back and I thought it was the best thing I've ever seen!

• Advertisement

halfinch wrote: »

!!

roxy= club , south= barn

Advertisement