Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

appartment block parking practices

• 15-10-2007 6:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Some of the apartments (25-30 years old) in my block have their own garage,others have a small lockup.

There are in addition open car spaces.

I remember asking my solicitor when I bought my apartment was I entitled to park in the open car spaces(in addition to in my garage).He assured me that I was.And I have used the open spaces mostly for parking ever since.(as most garage owners have done )

I am not sure my solictor was right, and am concerned I can now be stopped using them.

Is it likely that an owner without a garage owns a specific open car space?
    or would these have been common area spaces only?

If they did own a specific car space would they (or the management company) be entitled to block access to their space and let nobody else park in it.?

And would they be entitled to rent/sublet their open car space?

Im sure there was some common practice in place for such Dublin apartment blocks
    at the time.Some legal expert would surely know the situation.

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 292 ✭✭jubi lee

it'll be in the block policy you got when you bought it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

In fact, parking provisions will be in the title deeds - specifically the lease under which the apratment is owned.

Presumably these are with you lending institution - you should contact their securities department (quoting you loan a/c no) and try get a copy. Depending on who they are, they might charge a fee. don't let them fob you off by telling you must go through your soliictor.

Advertisement