Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To buy a cane

Options
  • 15-10-2007 7:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭

Halloween is coming around again and again i'm looking for the ingredients for a costume... this time it's a walking cane.

Is there anywhere in Dublin City that sells walking canes on the cheap (or even second hand) as the antique store near me can't help me.

Thanks.

edit: i hope this is the right place :/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭cruibin

Theres a Medical supply shop at top of aungier street, at Redmonds Hill.... its worth a try... Its opposite Cornerstone pub!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Some of the theatre supply shops used to sell them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭The Gnome

Been eyeing up a cane myself recently. Several of the antique shops on Francis Street have a variety of them but some of them look quite fancy, ivory and the like, so I'm not sure if they'd be cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

Try any of the markets, especially ones that people sell old stuff at, like fairyhouse,georges st market perhaps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

foxes in dame street (opposite the college) sell canes. (its the cigar shop beside the travel agents)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

I'm sure they'd be mucho euros in Foxes. Just mug an old person....I joke :p

What about a costume rental store, they'd have them I guess? There's one beside St. Stephens Green SC. Its in the lane way behind the DIT (school of music??)

Advertisement